Maintenance Technician SBR WX
We believe our employees make us the best.
To support our employees, we provide benefit offerings for our employees to choose what fits their life.
Offerings include medical, dental, company paid employee only dental, dental for dependents, company paid core vision for employee and family, HSA, FSA, 401k, company paid group life and AD&D, voluntary life, short and long-term disability, fitness incentives, wellness premium discount, pet insurance, paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, and EAP.
Schupan & Sons, Inc. expects all employees to perform their job duties and consistently follow the core values.
- Integrity - We are honest in our interactions to foster trust, accountability, and responsibility.
- Empowerment - We are committed to providing the resources necessary to elevate our employees & our business to excellence.
- Sustainability - We are dedicated to the wellbeing of our communities, our people, our environment and to the long-term success of our business.
- Compassion - We are inspired to help others and committed to a workplace of kindness, understanding, and respecting others’ diverse perspectives and experiences
Position Type and Expected Work Hours
Maintains, troubleshoots, repairs and/or rebuilds all plant equipment in department as necessary.
- Troubleshoots, repairs and rebuilds equipment in department which includes but is not limited to: balers, conveyors, shredders and grinders
- Repairs and maintains equipment as it relates to electrical, mechanical and hydraulics by methods such as: welding, fabricating, torching and painting, etc.
- Works with the Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Operations Supervisor and/or designee to design, modify, or change equipment to work for specific functions
- Ensure all Monthly Preventative Maintenance is performed in accordance to ISO quality procedures and work instructions
- Uses required PPE protective equipment as required which includes, but is not limited to, proper ear, eye, hand and face protection
- Complies with all lockout/tagout procedures
- Performs general and scheduled maintenance on all equipment within the plant
- Wash down all equipment, cleaning out all balers, chambers and hoppers
- Inventories and tracks all parts for in-house equipment
- Train others as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance
- Exhibit behaviors that reflect the company core values: Integrity, Empowerment, Sustainability & Compassion
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS STATEMENT
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School or G.E.D. required
- Technical education or training beyond high school highly desired
- 3 5 years of related experience with solid work history
- Electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic background; welding and torching experience required
- Knowledge of recycling equipment helpful, preferred
- PLC and robotics experience a plus
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail
- Ability to design and adjust workflows and procedures
- Ability to work well in group problem solving situations and demonstrate emotional intelligence when dealing with emotional topics and remain open to others’ ideas
- Ability to respond to employees and customers complaints with respect and consideration
- Ability to adapt to changes in work environment
- Routinely work independently and adapt to frequent delays and unexpected events
- Ability to read and compose simple instructions and correspondence in the form of emails and memos
- Ability to display passion and optimism and inspire respect and trust amongst employees
- Ability to prioritize tasks to ensure deadlines, daily tasks and projects are completed on time
- Ability to navigate and perform accurate data entry in maintenance software
- Ability to work overtime as required; flexibility to work different shifts as required
- Constantly move about to accomplish tasks or move between worksites
- Occasionally move self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces
- Constant movement and use of limbs; this position requires manual dexterity, coordination and stamina
- Occasionally lift, move, or position objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Vision requirements include corrected/uncorrected distant and near vision, depth perception, and ability to distinguish between colors
- Regularly works around moving mechanical parts
- Climb ladders and stairs to access equipment
- Regularly works in wet and/or humid conditions that may include extreme cold, heat, and outside weather
- Constantly works in noisy environment