The Maintenance/Facilities Technician at Colorcon is responsible for providing safe, timely and cost-effective repairs to machinery and facilities. This position will be completing scheduled/unscheduled equipment & facilities maintenance and repairs which will support efficient plant operations, minimizes production down time, and ensures that products are manufactured in a safe and cost-effective environment.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Troubleshoot & remedy problems with manufacturing equipment and controls systems
- Perform preventative maintenance to equipment to assure efficient and long-term trouble free operation
- Respond to any maintenance and facility emergency that occurs on the off shifts and make necessary corrections
- Conduct equipment calibrations and repairs as necessary
- Use Reliability Centered Maintenance principles to analyze key equipment data to choose proper maintenance approach
- Assist with external contractors to ensure compliance with safety and quality requirements
- Maintain and prioritize work lists
- Purchase and receive parts and tools to maintain right-sized shop inventory
- Excellent analytical skills, strong root cause abilities, excellent communication, proficient with Microsoft Office suite, self-motivated, team-player, able to quickly adapt, integrity, safety and quality oriented, strong mechanical troubleshooting and repair skills
Highly Desired Skills
- PLC, troubleshooting controls systems, HVAC, boilers, knowledge of Lean principles including: TPM, 5S, 5 Whys, OEE,
- Poka Yoke, SMED, kaizen, etc. Electrical troubleshooting.