UPG Enterprises LLC.
Van Buren Twp, MI
Founded in 2014 by two successful entrepreneurs, UPG Enterprises LLC is a high growth, privately held operator of world-class diversified industrial businesses. Our family of companies has been built from more than 15 acquisitions in the metals, manufacturing, distribution, and logistics segments. Approaching $1.5B in annual revenue, the UPG portfolio of companies operates more than 3 million square feet of manufacturing space, a fleet of 200+ trucks, and over 18 production facilities across the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. We take a long-term approach to business and pride ourselves on having a lasting foundation built upon a strong culture, mutual respect, excellent team, and an innovative entrepreneurial spirit.
Contractors Steel Company powered by UPG is a growing steel service center that has been in business for almost 60 years. Contractors Steel is looking hire to a Maintenance Technician to join our dynamic team! Successful candidates will have ideally worked in the steel industry (but not required) and have a solid level of experience with the types of specialized products and services produced by steel service centers.
We are looking for a detail-oriented candidate that is eager to learn and grow in this fast-paced environment. We strive to build strong relationships with our customers by providing high level of service, value-add opportunities, and professionalism in all interactions, allowing us to become a valued member of their supply chain and production teams.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Experience working with any of the following: electrical systems, hydraulics, tractor/trailer repair, diesel knowledge, and mechanics
- Maintenance and repairs for the following (but not limited to) - slitters, stamper, oven, band saw, burn table, sheer, and press break
- Ensure the operations of machinery and all equipment is safe and operating as designed
- Perform actions such as cleaning, lubricating, running diagnostic tests, troubleshooting, and inspecting/replacing worn parts
- Dismantle equipment for repair and reassembly
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- 2 years of mechanical schooling, or 4 years on the job experience
- Experience in reading blueprints and diagrams
- Strong troubleshooting, communication, and computer skills
- Knowledge and experience with hand and power tools
- Crane and forklift experience, along with knowledge of maintaining this equipment
- Understanding of pneumatic concepts and applications
Diversity & Inclusion Statement
UPG Enterprises LLC and its Affiliates is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.