Fisher Barton - Zenith Cutter
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
As a Maintenance Technician your goal is to support, repair and maintain the facilities, its infrastructure and grounds.
You will do this by:
- Troubleshooting and repairing electrical & control related issues associated with the manufacturing processes such as robotic, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic
- Providing technical assistance to special projects as needed
- Observes mechanical devices in operation to locate causes of trouble.
- Fabricating, disassembling and assembling production equipment to maintain, repair and remove defective parts
- Adjusting functional parts of devices and control instruments
- Initiating purchase orders for parts and machines
- Performing preventative maintenance on all equipment
- Welding, performing sheet metal work, employing basic shop floor skills (lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools)
- Installing, moving, and relocating machinery/equipment according to blueprints and other drawings
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities. Responsibilities and impact may crossover technical fields/functions.
You are the kind of person who:
- Is a self starter and resourceful
- Thrives in a fast paced environment
- Likes to problem solve
- Can effectively work as a part of a team but also can work independantly
- Enjoys working on a variety of projects
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- 5+ years experience working in an Industrial Maintenance position in the areas of pneumatics, hydraulics, basic electrical controls (120v and 24v) and 3 phase power
- Experience troubleshooting bearings, belts, sheaves, sprockets, chains, and gear reducers and proper alignment of these drive devices
- Experience troubleshooting a programmable logic controller (PLC) program
- Has working knowledge of correct wiring techniques with 3 phase motors, starters, overloads, pressure sensors, flow meters and temperature
- Associates degree in Electro/Mechanical technology or a related field
- Experience driving a forklift
- Working knowledge of the proper application and interaction with vision systems or contrast devices (camera systems)
- Working knowledge of robotics and the associated controls
- Experience with Variable frequency drives (VFD)
Additional Abilities & Skills:
- Ability to write and apply PLC programs with appropriate documentation
- Ability to read/interpret blueprints and equipment manuals
- Ability to make recommendations on spare parts, lock-out tag-out, guarding, and the level of operator involvement for proper machine integrity
- Ability to read and assimilate any technical documentation to assist in the use or repair of any control device
Physical | Visual Demands:
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to wear appropriate, required PPE
- Ability to work in both humid and cold environments
- Manufacturing: Loud (Examples: metal can, manufacturing department, large earth moving equipment)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Location: 1040 S. 12th Street | Watertown | WI | 53094
Shift Hours: 8 hour shifts, Monday to Friday
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Prescription Drug Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 96 hours of Paid Time Off minimum to start
- FSA (Health and/or Dependent Flexible Spending Account)
- Participation in quarterly bonus program
- And more!
Who we are:
At Fisher Barton, we combine years of experience across multiple industries to deliver unparalleled innovation. Our world-class talent understands the behavior of materials and develops leading-edge solutions that meet your unique needs. We’re more than a source for high-quality parts; Fisher Barton is your resource for the highest quality solutions you’ll find—anywhere.
Fisher Barton is an equal opportunity employer who welcome and encourages diversity in our workforce. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to any status or characteristic protected by law.
Monday to Friday, 8 hour shifts
8 hour shifts