Maintenance Transformation Manager – Franklin, TN (Multiple Locations Available)
Maintenance Transformation Manager Role - Franklin, TN, Columbus,OH, Ft. Smith, AR, Mattoon, IL, Columbia, SC, Henderson, NC, Temple, TX
Purpose of Role
The maintenance transformation manager leads the Mars Petcare North America (MPCNA) maintenance improvement and standardization in the manufacturing effort and supports all MPCNA sites in achieving KPI’s. This position will require the ability to contribute to the development of a maintenance strategy which transforms the maintenance departments to a unified organization focused on continuous improvement, standardization, and training. The maintenance transformation manager is a resource for the MPCNA maintenance community and managers at the site for input to projects, development of new procedures and guidelines. This role with partner with the Regional PM Pillar leader to create the long-term strategy for PM Pillar progression within the sites. This role requires strong communication, interpersonal and team building skills in order to foster engagement within the maintenance community and support MPCNA objectives.
The maintenance transformation manager’s role is to communicate, facilitate, co-ordinate, and prioritize MPCNA maintenance activities to drive the maintenance community to standardization and continuous improvement effectively and efficiently. This position requires working closely with other supply groups particularly Commercial and Operations to insure consistent maintenance operations and MRO procurement.
The maintenance transformation manager is responsible for developing and implementing standard reporting activities that address safety, quality, and efficiency for MPCNA maintenance operations. The maintenance transformation manager will develop standard plans for implementation detailed planning and scheduling of planned work.
The maintenance transformation Manager is expected to have fundamental knowledge of the entire maintenance area and be familiar in multiple technologies to make proper business decisions.
- Know the MPCNA manufacturing process to make timely business related decisions
- Know maintenance best practice methods
- Know how to evaluate a maintenance department using asset value as base to determine benchmark cost, headcount, hour, and productivity targets. Know how to evaluate the economic impact of a maintenance department spend in relation to asset value and MCC’s.
- Know how to use the CMMS (SAP) system for all capable functions.
- Knows basic engineering fundamentals
- Know capabilities of current process control systems.
- Know how to use Microsoft office and Excel software.
- Know how to understand and set a financial budget.
- Develop Key Performance Indicators
- Self-Development: Ability to learn additional skills and develop in role with additional responsibilities.
- Conflict Management: Can handle tough situations and equitably resolve conflict with colleagues
- Dealing w/ Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change and comfortably handle risk & uncertainty
- Integrity & Trust: Is widely trusted by colleagues
- Creating Collaborative Relationships
- Engaging Associates
- Delivering Consistent Results
- Organizational Savoy
Implement Continuous Improvement
- Drive continuous improvement by developing and implementing systems that optimize all phases of the manufacturing process and support key business objectives (waste, labor, reliability, ATS, line capacity, etc.).
- Provide input to feasibility and change management requests.
- Resource to other sites and across areas.
- Lead the development of standard work instructions that reflect best practices and follow-up to be sure they are used appropriately.
- Establish standard equipment monitoring and rebuild initiatives.
- Support MSE from an AM and PM Pillar standpoint
- Ensure training (operational and technical) for associates can perform standardized work within given time frames.
- Lead associates in Kaizen events and other Lean activities
- Ensure there is a standard effective communication system to schedule PMs and improvements.
- Ensure consistency in PM’s, spare parts, training, and SOPs for all critical equipment which is in common at our network of 13 facilities.
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge
- Liaison between process, operations, maintenance, logistics, QC and R&D
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- Be multi-tasked/multi-skilled
- Must maintain computer skills
- Must be able to climb stairs
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts
- SAP/CMMS Systems Training
- Must be willing to work overtime, weekends, and all scheduled shutdowns
- Must have strong communication skills
- Must have the understanding of GMP’s, HACCP and ISO
- Advanced mechanical aptitude
- Advanced analytical thinking
- Advanced training skills
- Knowledge of Sensory Evaluations
- Bachelors’ degree Engineering, basic sciences or business-related disciplines OR an Associates or Technical degree + 10 (+) years in maintenance experience
- 5-7 years in a maintenance leadership role
- Advanced degree desired
- 10+ years in a maintenance leadership role
- Process, Packaging or Electrical engineering conceptual knowledge is preferable
- An advanced degree in Engineering
- Food, beverage, pharmaceutical or related industry preferable
- Experience in multiple disciplines preferred
Every associate at Mars has responsibility for the achievement of quality and food safety.
As a privately-held, family-owned company, Mars Petcare US offers benefits which reflect our commitment to attracting and retaining great people. This includes excellent pay, competitive health and dental care coverage, a retirement plan, a very competitive vacation plan and unrivalled career advancement opportunities, to name just a few of our unique and generous benefits.
If you're looking for a place where you can take ownership for your work, where the pace is fast, the environment is built around the importance of open communication, and where employees are called "associates" and treated as such, then we want to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Visit www.mars.com to learn more about our company and for information about all of our current openings. Please, no agencies.
Mars Inc. is a tobacco free workplace.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.