Maintenance/Service Technician – Providence, RI $1,500 SIGN ON BONUS
Vacuum Technologies, LLC
National Carwash Solutions has grown over the past 45 years to become North America’s largest equipment, service, and cleaning solutions provider in the car wash industry. Our world-class brands are backed by the largest service network in the country with more than 300 dedicated service professionals and growing! Come join us for an extraordinary career in a high growth, team-oriented company!
The Field Service Technician (FST) operates on-site to perform preventive maintenance, repair equipment, and install replacement parts related to NCS vehicle wash equipment and accessories. The FST will also train customers on basic equipment maintenance.
What You’ll Do…
- Perform service work on vehicle wash equipment and accessories including trouble shooting of electrical, electronic, and mechanical problems to ascertain the needed corrective action
- Replace, repair, or adjust parts and systems as necessary
- Inspect, calibrate, and check all chemicals
- Run equipment through "cycles" to ensure the complete system is functioning properly
- Advise customers of necessary service work and make recommendations to customers regarding replacement of worn or damaged parts, systems, etc.
- Inspect equipment to ensure proper function
- Provide information and training to customer regarding proper operation and general maintenance of equipment
- Develop and maintain good rapport with customers, constantly striving to provide Positively Outrageous Service and ensure customer satisfaction
- Deliver parts or supplies to customers
- Complete work orders, expense reports, and daily and weekly time logs
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of equipment changes or modification through various resources such as training seminars, maintenance manuals, and service bulletins, or engineering documents, as well as individual research and other correspondence
- Maintain proper inventory of parts on service vehicle and in warehouse; reports level of field inventory as required
- Comply with all service policies and procedures
- Keep Service Manager informed of all significant problems, progress or difficulties
- Other job related duties as assigned
- Ability to lift items of light to heavy weight, up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to intermittently and repeatedly bend, stoop, kneel, reach, twist, perform repetitive motions using hands to grasp, push, pull, or do fine manipulations, climb ladders, and stand for prolonged periods
- Must have adequate sight to read blueprints and other engineering documents and/or work orders and other field service documents
What You Need…
- High school diploma
- Associates Degree from a two year college or technical/trade school plus a minimum of one (1) year industry related experience; OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience:
- As a field technician or related technician
- Industrial Mechanical, Pneumatics, PLC experience
- Electrical Experience - including 3 phase
- Clean driving record with no more than three (3) moving violations within the past 5 years; no more than two (2) preventable, at-fault accidents within the past 5 years
- No impaired driving convictions within the past five (5) years and no charges currently pending
- Ability to travel assigned geography on a daily basis; may include overnights as needed
- Ability to work rotating on-call weekend schedule, as assigned
- Ability to use basic math and writing skills
- Capable of accurately reading and interpreting schematics and blue prints
- Ability to comprehend and interpret equipment, operating, and maintenance manuals and instructions
- Ability to successfully work independently or within a team
- Forklift experience/certification desired but will train
- Committed to customer satisfaction and ability to adapt/respond to different personalities
- Ability to multi-task, prioritizes, and manages time effectively
- Intermediate computer skills, and email communication
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Grow your career supported by an energized and passionate team, professional development, training, flexibility and opportunities for advancement. We offer competitive wages and benefits including comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage, matching 401(k), paid time off and more.
National Carwash Solutions is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.