Management Information Systems Lead
Genesis Energy LP
Green River, WY
Why Join Genesis Alkali?
- Highly competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Medical, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance, Vision, Flexible Spending (Medical and Dependent Care) and Health Savings Accounts, and Pre-paid Legal, beginning first day of employment; company funds a portion of HSA. Retirement
- 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan for Salaried employees, company makes Safe Harbor matching contributions (fully vested) of 100% up to the first 5% of eligible pay you contribute; additionally, Company makes discretionary contributions up to 5% of eligible pay in the first quarter of the following year (three-year vesting requirement).
- Pension for Hourly Union employees
- Opportunity to participate in a 401(k) savings plan. The company does not provide a matching contribution for pension eligible employees.
- Tuition reimbursement programs are available to qualifying employees for approved programs.
- Subsidized transportation to our plant from Green River, Rock Springs, and the Bridger Valley.
Position Title: Management Information Systems Lead
Location: Green River, WY
Do you have experience in developing and optimizing management information systems? Do you enjoy outdoor activities, in wide open spaces? If so, this role may be the one for you! As a member of the Continuous Improvement Team, the Systems Architect creates, supports and continuously improves information systems to assist managers and others in making strategic, tactical, and operational decisions in an efficient and productive manner. The position, based in Wyoming where outdoor activities such as hiking, huntin, fishing, snowmobiling, off-roading, and skiing abound, allows for a balance of on-site and remove work serving Genesis Alkali, the technological leader in soda ash production.
- Creates, supports, and continuously improves information systems to assist managers and others in making strategic, tactical, and operational decisions in an efficient and productive manner.
- Develops robust reporting systems to support process monitoring and reporting for site teams, especially Operations and Maintenance.
- Establishes efficient and reliable systems to reliably and efficiently deliver metrics and measures associated with SafeTons processes and systems in a timely manner.These include those supporting the Execution Control System, the Planning Process, the Manufacturing Assessment Process, the Root Cause Analysis Process, the Production Loss Accounting Process, and SafeTons Advance.It also includes data needed for routine reports.
- Builds and maintains knowledge management systems for the organized recording of current key processes and systems (such as those in SafeTons) and straightforward retrieval methods.
- Supports the implementation of Continuous Improvement projects and initiatives.
- Evaluates and implements new tools and processes to integrate and improve information systems.
- Determines requirements, designs, builds, tests, implements, maintains, and enhances business information management systems.
- Analyzes, detects, identifies, and corrects technical problems and deficiencies
- Advises on best practices for the application of information systems in the field.
- Coaches ECS meetings.
- Works in collaboration with corporate and local IT departments to communicate, prioritize and deploy needed information systems to the site.
- Assists and trains customers on continuous improvement tools.
- Performs audits to ensure consistent and quality data is fed to the operations to measure performance.
- Tracks, trends, and reports issues including recurring operational issues.
- Automates workflows and eliminates bottlenecks.
Skill, Capability, and Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or equivalent B.S Degree.
- 2 years’ experience in developing and optimizing management information systems
- Expertise with MS Office 365 collaboration tools
- Preferred to have experience with SharePoint, Power, BI, Enterprise, Resource Planning (ERP) systems, especially Oracle, OSIsoft, PI, Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) systems, SQL, Lean Tools, and Mobile Tools
Final determination on pay grade will be made by HR and company leadership holistically consistent with the skills matrix and considering the candidates education, experience, past performance, demonstrated leadership and influence.