Lewis Center, OH
Manage the activities of a group of Technicians involved in the mechanical/electrical build, coordinating, bench assembly, floor assembly and integration of robotic work cells, mechanical and electrical assemblies and factory automation products in order to ensure that a quality product is built on time, safely and under budget.
- Manage the administration and delegation of work for team members within the Manufacturing Department according to their skill and experience
- Responsible for leading teams to achieve on-time delivery
- Drive teams developing plans to achieve budgets or to be under budget in total labor hours
- Plan work to effectively manage overtime to departmental budget requirements
- Manage your group to work safely and achieve no lost time accidents
- Give your team feedback on projects and personal performance
- Create a team environment and work with your group to be a positive, motivating force. Manage problems (i.e., absenteeism, attitude, workmanship, efficiency, work habits)
- Hold meetings to review objectives/continuous improvement initiatives with your team
- Manage onboarding, training, and development of employees
- Participate in the planning stage of the project with the Project Manager and project team. This information will equip you to communicate the functionality of the customer’s needs
- Coordinate manufacturing needs through own group and at times with other trades as required
- Ensure that ATS standards are met during the assembly process, and advise designers of any potential design problems, coordinating rework if required
- Proceed with floor assembly according to floor plan layout and project design assembling the job in a safe and proper order according to procedures. Coordinate with engineering departments to ensure the build is completed as intended in timeframe needed to allow appropriate debugging of machine and successful completion of build
- Responsible for driving and enforcing the ATS Safety policy and procedures
- Communicate and be a channel for any constructive or objective ideas that arise; helping to keep the manufacturing standards up-to-date and at the highest level. Use the group as a pool of technical knowledge, solving problems together efficiently and advising on the use of outside sources
- Accountable for the health and safety of employees in their group by ensuring that machinery and equipment are safe, making sure that employees work in compliance with established safe work practices and procedures and providing adequate training for employees in specific work tasks to help eliminate the risk of workplace injuries
- Complete performance appraisals, keeping in mind that performance is key
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the ATS Code of Business Conduct
Minimum of an Associate degree in Automated Manufacturing, Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Electronic Engineering or equivalent is required. Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Project Management preferred.
A minimum of five years experience in an automation/manufacturing environment is preferred. A working knowledge of PC based Microsoft applications for business is required. Outstanding commitment level with a technical aptitude or background required. Knowledge of mechanical drawings and practices, electrical diagrams and schematics, pneumatics and general assembly procedures is essential. Must have ability to work with and communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
Join our globally growing team at ATS Industrial Automation where we create complex automation solutions at the highest level that sustainably impact lives around the world.
At ATS, a publicly traded global company with a proud 40-year history, we help drive the future with our factory-wide automation solutions. At ATS Industrial Automation, what we do matters - both to our customers and to their customers. With 600 skilled employees around the world, we design, build and service mission-critical automated assembly and test solutions for mobility, nuclear and specialty automation. Our customers are leaders in their industries and rely on us to deliver what we promise - on time and on budget. Combined with our broad product portfolio, financial strength and global presence, we provide our customers with the best automation solutions wherever and whenever they need them.
Join our ATS Industrial Automation Team because:
- We VALUE our People: The foundation of a great company is having the best team which is why we continuously work to develop, engage, empower, and energize our people.
- We’ve got GREAT Work Perks: We provide a variety of perks to our employees. Make sure you ask more about our flexible work schedules, employee events, free coffee beverages, employee referral program and safety shoe programs.
- We offer COMPETITIVE Total Rewards: Competitive starting salaries, overtime pay eligibility, paid vacation, company paid short- and long-term disability and life insurance, comprehensive health benefits, 401K matching program, Employee Incentive Bonus program and optional Employee Share Purchase Program.
- We support internal GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT: ATS Automation offers endless opportunities for professional growth and development, including tuition reimbursement programs and our commitment to promoting from within.