Manager – Category Management Security Products
Responsible for category strategy planning and overseeing execution of supplier growth plans. Leads development of customer-centric category plans, working with Sales and Marketing to identify new growth opportunities. Leads product assortment optimization efforts and new product onboarding. Manages preferred supplier relationships, providing increased value for both the company and the supplier. Works cross-functionally to identify first-cost, standard cost, spend, and pricing optimization opportunities: to improve profitability of the category. Conducts supplier contracting for operational and financial terms improvement. Will be supporting Owned Brands Security products portfolio development. Experience in locking products, video surveillance, or access control preferred.
- Accountable for the annual category business planning and strategy execution for the category
- Supports development of an optimized Product Assortment & Merchandizing strategy
- Responsible for supplier contracting to improve operational and financial terms
- Support marketing plan development and execution
- Effectively communicate key product messaging both internally and externally
- Conduct product evaluation and comparisons to identify alternates
- Identify, manage and communicate new product introductions
- Conduct supplier negotiations to obtain best value
- Addresses supplier performance management and issue resolution
- Bachelors Degree - business, sales, marketing or relevant field is required
- Masters Degree - business, sales, marketing or relevant field is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in sales, marketing, product management
- People management and/or product category management experience/2 years preferred
- History of success maintaining and developing key relationships/5 years
- Previous experience in electrical distribution market preferred
Wesco International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates ("Wesco"), is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.