Manager, Contract Manufacturing – Valent BioSciences LLC
Pace International, LLC
Valent BioSciences LLC is a worldwide leader in the research, development, manufacturing, and commercialization of biorational products for the agriculture, public health, and forestry markets. We have more than 60 years of experience bringing biorational products to market, and our products are used in sustainable operations in 95 countries around the world. Biorational products maximize plant quality, productivity, and sustainability.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of Sumitomo Chemical, Valent BioSciences LLC operates with the Sumitomo Spirit mindset, which means to benefit both self and others, recognizing that private and public interests are one and the same. It’s about contributing to society, as well as making a profit.
Description of Job: This position manages third party manufacturing for Valent BioSciences (“VBC”). This could include managing and/or monitoring fermentation, blending, packaging, or any production outside of VBC’s or Sumitomo Chemical Company wholly-owned sites. This role includes contract and relationship management with the tollers, operational efficiency and cost reduction goals, process development/continuous improvement projects, preparation of manufacturing documentation/quality systems and standard operating procedures for tollers.
- Manages toller relationships and contracts
- Builds a network of current, and potential tolling operations worldwide
- Supports global manufacturing strategy development and implementation
- Manages VBC’s SAP inventory reconciliation with the tollers
- Ensures tollers safely and effectively follow VBC’s processes to meet the business demand on time
- Designs and/or mdifies formulation blend manufacturing/packaging processes through continuous improvement initiatives with the tollers
- Partners with the New Product Introduction Engineering team when new products are required to be manufactured outside VBC locations
- Takes a leading role in collaboration with tollers from acquisitions or SCC affiliates
- Supports other operational activities, as needed
Experience: At least 10 years of manufacturing/engineering experience required. In addition, 2-4 years of supervisory or managerial experience desired.
Education: BS degree in a manufacturing science, engineering science, or basic science. An MBA degree is desirable.
Travel: Up to 75%
What We Offer:
You’ll enjoy competitive compensation, consisting of base pay plus an incentive program available to all full-time employees, and a comprehensive benefits package including high-quality healthcare options, 401k matching, life and disability insurance, generous time off (with time off to volunteer) and much more! Additionally, we offer several Flexible Work Arrangements to support a healthy work-life balance.
We work together to power our sustainable future. Here's what drives us: Valent BioSciences, LLC has a strong commitment to both sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR). In fact, being a responsible corporate citizen has been ingrained in our culture since the company’s founding. Today, it remains at the forefront of everything we do.
- Valent BioSciences LLC is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and/or identity, national origin, citizenship, immigration status, disabilities, or protected veteran status.