Manager, Creative Designer/Graphic Artist
FleetPride is the largest after-market distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts in the U.S. with some of the best and brightest people in the business! Partner with the best in the heavy-duty industry and apply today!
The Manager, Creative Designer / Graphic Artist is responsible for producing and managing artwork and design concepts that take on many different forms. This individual is responsible for developing, creating, and maintaining visual materials for broad-based B2B marketing programs as well as the company and business units within it. This person will lead and contribute to efforts that align with our marketing and overall business strategy including acquiring new customers, re-activating customers, and growing share while enhancing brand positioning. This role will engage with digital and traditional marketing efforts through lead generation, email campaigns, social media content curation/creation, advertising, and more. This position will report to the Sr. Director, Marketing and work across functions including category management, sales, product information, operations, suppliers, and other senior leaders. Attention to detail and an eye for quality is critical.
• Leads creative design planning and integration, occasionally managing others as well as multiple projects simultaneously.
• Plans and illustrates concepts by designing rough layouts of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetics.
• Coordinates with internal teams, including marketing, in the design concept phase through completion of a project.
• Obtains approval of concepts by preparing initial layouts for review.
• Prepares final layout by marking and editing finished copy and art.
• Obtains final copy and art by operating typesetting, printing, and similar equipment and by making purchases from vendors when required.
• Ensures operation of design equipment and software by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; and evaluating new equipment.
• Coordinates with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc. to complete projects.
• Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; and participating in professional societies.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Strong graphic design skills
• Layout skills
• Attention to detail
• Desktop publishing tools and graphic design software, specifically InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Premiere.
• Acute vision
• Time-management skills
• Communication skills
• Handles ambiguity and tight timelines
• Demonstrated ability to learn a variety of creative design technologies and tools • High quality written and oral communication skills
• Dynamic, motivating, and entrepreneurial-minded with an internal drive to continuously hit goals and deadlines
• Exceptional organizational and project management skills, ability to manage multiple projects, ability to meet deadlines, and strong attention to detail
• Must be very comfortable with continuously changing opportunities and priorities
• Team player with ability to work cross-functionally
• Associates Degree in graphic design and/or 3+ years creative design, marketing, advertising, or similar experience required
• Prior management of individual contributors; willingness to lead, teach, and coach
FleetPride is the leader in the industry comprised of retail, service, distribution, and wholesale divisions.
FleetPride is the leader in the industry comprised of retail, service, distribution and wholesale divisions.