Manager, Engineering Projects
Diageo North America
Job Description :
Title: Project Engineer Manager
Hiring Manager: Engineering Director
Location: North America (US & Canada)
Position requires a strong knowledge of high-speed packaging lines (bottling & canning preferred), subject areas and duties including liquid processing, packaging, distillation, procurement and project management. Strong leadership and communication skills are critical for this role. The incumbent should be capable of innovative thinking and driven to maintain momentum, while maintaining a healthy industrial climate. The ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects, tasks and organizational needs in an environment that is always dynamic is a critical success factor. The project manager needs to be diverse enough to understand and track the needs of the business at the most economic cost and highest quality. Ideal candidate must be able to work with multi-functional teams to achieve business objectives.
Purpose of Role:
Responsible for leading the execution and delivery of projects and strategic programs across North America sites. To run Capital projects from ideation to start up, delivering them on time and on budget. This position requires close working relationship with Technical Operations, Brand Innovation, Brand Change and Procurement organizations.
Decision Making & Financial Responsibility
The Project Engineer is accountable for evaluating engineering and technical solutions to support capital projects across sites in NAM. The Project Manager is required to make decisions within the project and negotiate with suppliers or internal customers to help deliver the expectations for the benefit of Diageo, within policies and guidelines, delivering projects on time and within budget.
The Project Engineering Manager will provide support, coaching, and technical expertise to sites in North America. The intention of this role is to be the SME for Capex implementation and provide mentoring and support to project engineers and asset care managers as needed. Also providing guidance to site directors to help develop and update the 5-year strategic plan for the sites.
- Establish and effectively lead project budgets and objectives. Includes developing, supporting and implementing standardized project management requirements such as change control, training, construction management, scope development and consensus with team members on user requirements, justification, constraints and assumptions. Must be able to communicate project status, needs, and critical metrics to wide range of team members across the business.
- Determine areas of opportunity for improvement in sites
- Provide guidance and support to site engineering regarding design concepts, specifications, and requirements to best use equipment and manufacturing process.
- Project scope development and management
- Financial control of project budgets
- Delivery and management of project schedules
- Reputation of the team, i.e., how the project was achieved
- Feasibility and costing studies
- Capital spending plans development, support, and execution.
- Responsible for understanding the manufacturing processes of the company and identifying areas where the cost/ benefit favours technology and automation.
- Effectiveness of team, build team, handle interpersonal opportunities
- Keeps abreast of best in class practices, and current or emerging manufacturing technologies to determine option and recommend improvements.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Four-year degree in an engineering core subject area is required. ME, EE, or CE degree preferred.
- Minimum of a combination of 3 - 5 years of technical/production/engineering role preferably in consumer products manufacturing & packaging. Distillation or related experience is a plus. Well-rounded engineering and technical expertise are expected.
- Ability to lead multiple work streams while delivering to target dates.
- Travel required up to 20% of the time dependent on project maturity/workload
- Microsoft Office suite literate
- Baseline experience with AutoCAD
- SAP system knowledge & experience helpful
- Strong leadership and management background
Worker Type :Regular
Primary Location:Plainfield Tech Centre
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :2023-07-31
At Diageo certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual incentive payment and stock awards. US-based employees are eligible for healthcare benefits, retirement benefits , short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellness benefits and industry leading parental leave, among others. (Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Diageo and the country where you work.) The salary range displayed is the salary range for the role’s primary location.ID:uDnQdo