Publicly traded on the NYSE (BLDR), Builders FirstSource is the nation’s premier supplier of building materials and services for professional home builders and remodelers. With 30,000 team members supporting approximately 565 locations in 42 states and a market presence in 85 of the top 100 Metropolitan Statistical Areas, the company has significant geographic diversity and a balanced end market exposure. As a company we are focused on getting things done right and on building a successful future, for customers, vendors and team members. Due to the complexity of the building industry, Builders FirstSource manages a variety of operations with a large selection of career opportunities throughout the country. With long-tenured team members, it is evident that we believe in promoting from within, offer a competitive benefits package and provide job satisfaction across the board. Now is the time to be part of building something truly special. If you’d like to become part of an exciting, fast-paced organization, BFS is the company for you!
The Manager Finance collects, conducts and documents complex financial analysis and reporting related to annual plans, operating results and forecasts. Partners with and provides advice to business partners to drive profitability, working capital improvements, capital investments, and financial acumen development.
This position will report to the VP of Finance with the focus of supporting Corporate leadership, Investor Relations, and the broader Finance team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collects and analyzes financial and operational data, and prepares standardized and ad hoc reports.
- Drives forecasting, budgeting, financial planning / modeling, metrics reporting, and annual operating plan development. Provides monthly updates to performance against plan, monitoring key areas and making recommendations to drive financial performance.
- Partners with, and provides advice to, internal business partners to support business decisions, with particular focus on capital expenditures.
- Assesses key financial statement line items and communicates the performance compared to plan, forecast, and prior results.
- Applies general accounting knowledge as it relates to month end close analysis.
- Ensures compliance with corporate finance policies and procedures. Understands and implements corporate internal controls to protect assets and company’s financial position.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Supervises assigned employees including staff selection and training; planning, assigning and directing work; conducting performance reviews; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field and five to seven (5-7) years of progressive accounting, finance or related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MBA/CPA Preferred
- Advanced analytical, organizational, problem solving abilities and financial modeling skills
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Knowledge of business mathematics, statistics, metrics and accounting practices.
- Ability to compose and comprehend effective and efficient accounting and finance reports.
- Strong leadership characteristics with a proven history of driving improved business results.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced Excel and data base application skills
- Experience with various BI tools in addition to Hyperion; Hyperion administration knowledge is a plus, but not required.
- Process improvement oriented and disciplines.
- Work history which demonstrates consistent progression within the finance or accounting functions.
- Working knowledge of how financial statements are linked together.
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214) 765-3990 or email: [email protected]. Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish