Manager, Health Systems Market Strategy & Insights
Do you want an impact-oriented role at a mission-driven company that makes a difference in the lives of patients and providers across the country? If so, read on!
McKesson Medical-Surgical (MMS) is seeking a Manager focused in Health Systems on our Market Strategy and Insights team. This segment serves Health Systems customers that provide important medical supplies, equipment, and clinical support to patients through non-acute care settings associated with the Health System network. In this role, you’ll be the expert on our customers and will guide our organization to deliver on its most important needs while growing the business. You’ll produce strong data-driven insights that identify opportunities, outline clear implications, and justify strategic recommendations. Analysis, strong communication, problem solving, collaboration, relationship management, and a steadfast focus on customers are daily aspects of the role.
Responsibilities include a deep understanding of market dynamics and customers across multiple settings, monitoring and translating the regulatory and reimbursement landscape, and ongoing business analysis that identify actionable insights. The winning candidate will be:
• Analytical: extracts, formats, and presents data in insightful and compelling ways.
• Action-oriented: operationalizes insights by clearly demonstrating impact.
• Collaborators: expertly brings people together to solve problems through high inclusivity.
• Communicators: creates compelling stories and is authentic, clear, and concise.
• Creative: thinks out-of-the-box to solve problems and uncover opportunities.
• Customer-forward: executes work with an intimate understanding of customers.
• Financially astute: understands the financial drivers of the business and applies it to work.
• Influencers: takes recommendations to completion in a matrixed organization.
You should be wired for research, strategy, innovation, and collaboration. You respect that PowerPoint is a critical communication tool and are comfortable, engaging, and effective in front of stakeholders, leadership, and executives. You believe that business decisions should be guided by data-driven analyses. And you want to do it all with a positive attitude on a team that wants to have fun together. If that’s you: let’s go!
Focus & Responsibilities
1. Thought leader, subject matter expert, and main point-of-contact that enables clear engagement for Health Systems stakeholders in the Strategy and Marketing organization.
2. Conduct market analysis, opportunity assessments, industry expertise, and mapping to find insights that shape near-term priorities and inform growth goals. This includes personas, journeys, need hierarchies, deep competitive assessments, composing and synthesizing information, illustrating key business trends with both internal & external data, analyzing standard trended reports for insights, and assessing outliers.
3. Coauthor strategic documents that lead to and inform the go-to-market action. This includes working with stakeholders, industry associations, and advocacy groups to identify our market aspiration, analyzing the market to determine segmentation and where to focus, and facilitating what value we bring to customers.
4. Active engagement and collaboration with internal teams to contribute to action-based plans.
• Strong communication and stakeholder management
• Demonstrated ability in market analysis and strategic thinking
• Demonstrated ability in data extraction, manipulation, and analysis
• Expert proficiency with MS Excel and PowerPoint
• Demonstrated ability to develop data-driven insights that drive action
• Business planning and competitive analysis
• Cross-functional collaboration
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
• Experience developing market segmentation
• Experience using market research
• Experience informing financial forecasting
• Experience in marketing within a regulated environment
• Experience in healthcare
• Experience in Power BI
• Experience in B2B
• Experience in navigating a large, matrixed corporate environment
Education / Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Analytics, Marketing, or similar relevant degree, required
• Minimum of 5 years of B2B and/or B2C Marketing experience
• Travel for customer interactions and business meetings (~25-30%)
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to support physical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, please click here.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Base Pay Range for this position$76,800 - $128,000
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!ID:uDnQdo