Manager of Member Services
Sims Brothers Recycling
The Manager of Government Affairs and Education at the Cleveland Association of Building Owners and Managers (BOMA) plays a pivotal role in the growth and success of our organization. This position is responsible for developing and implementing member attraction and retention strategies, major sponsorship programs, and non-dues revenue initiatives. Additionally, the Manager of Member Services will lead efforts to engage with political and government entities, advocating for the interests of BOMA members. If you are a proactive, resourceful, and influential professional with a passion for building strong relationships and making a difference in the real estate industry, we invite you to join our team.
What we can offer you:
- Pay: $50,000-60,000/year, dependent on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
Government Affairs – 45%
- Foster strong relationships with industry groups, government entities, and legislators.
- Manage special projects involving government officials and events.
- Represent BOMA at public meetings and hearings.
- Monitor regulatory and legislative matters with the EVP.
- Lead political actions and grassroots campaigns.
- Draft communications to legislators.
- Coordinate alerts and advocacy efforts.
- Facilitate meetings with key legislators.
- Represent BOMA at the Statehouse and with BOMA Ohio.
- Liaise with the Government Affairs Committee and other member committees on various topics.
Education – 35%
- Act as liaison to Professional Development Committee
- Work with Professional Development Committee & Staff to develop luncheons, general membership education, (i.e. MEGA Education Day), seminars, workshops
- Obtain Continuing Education Unit's as available from the State
- Review and determine local support for BOMA International and BOMI education programs
- BOMI Education (if warranted) instructor management, operations, promote to student lists
- Respond to education inquiries from members and the general public
- Manage all aspects of planning, implementing, budgeting and staffing Mega Education Day
- Collaborate with members to identify their educational needs
- Ensure BOMA Greater Cleveland is the go-to resource for the CRE industry
- Consult and serve as editor to various Association documents, both internal and with external firms and agencies
Administration – 20%
- Maintain website directory information with contact, building and company information
- Maintain iMIS database at BOMA International
- Maintain Constant Contact mailing lists
- Answer phones and provide information or transfer/refer callers to appropriate staff members
- Greet members and guests in person and provide them with assistance and information
- Manage and maintain office supplies
- Manage office equipment leases and maintenance
- Pick up and process daily mail
- Attend Board meetings, take notes and prepare minutes within 2 days of meetings
- Serve as a liaison to building management, maintenance and security
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 1 year experience in a nonprofit or government relations preferred.
- Previous committee or group experience.
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
- Effective listening and telephone etiquette.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments under high-pressure conditions.
- Strong network-building skills.
- Comfort in a small office setting and a team-oriented attitude.
Apply with an updated resume to join our team today!ID:uDnQdo