Advanced Drainage Systems
At ADS, no idea is off limits, and we celebrate creativity and bold moves. For more than 50 years ADS has been manufacturing a variety of innovative and environmentally friendly alternatives to traditional materials. Headquartered in Hilliard, Ohio, we are a multi-billion dollar stormwater management company, manufacturing pipe and ancillary products. What does that mean? When it storms, we capture rain with our drain basins, convey it with pipe, store it using chambers and finally treat it with our water quality products, before safely returning water back to the environment. We handle, what we call, the entire lifecycle of a raindrop. Our products help prevent flooding, which increases quality of life for people living in large cities, suburbs, and rural towns. We also believe in creating a circular economy and are the largest plastic recycling company in North America. We use plastic shampoo and detergent bottles to create pipe, diverting over 500 million pounds of plastic from landfills every year. ADS operates a global network of over 60 manufacturing plants and 30 distribution centers.
We have amazing stories to tell, and we need your help getting our story out there. To learn more about ADS, please visit our website at www.adspipe.com.
The successful candidate must bring high level of ethical, intellectual, professional, and personal values that complement the team.
- Strategic Mindset – anticipates future trends and implications accurately
- Decision Quality – relies on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment when making decisions
- Customer Focus – identifies opportunities that benefit the business
- Business Insight – keeps up with current and possible future policies, practices, and trends in the organization, function, and in the marketplace
- Plans and Aligns – breaks down objectives into appropriate initiatives and actions
- Optimizes Work Processes – seeks ways to improve processes, from small tweaks to complete reengineering
- Ensures Accountability – establishes clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results
- Collaborates – works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives
- Develops Talent – develops others through coaching, feedback, exposure, and stretch assignments
- Builds Effective Teams – forms teams with appropriate and diverse mix of styles, perspectives, and experience
- Drives Vision and Purpose – talks about future possibilities in a positive way
- Courage – faces difficult issues and supports others who do the same
The Plant Manager is responsible for overall plant operations. The Plant Manager has direct responsibility of the facility’s safety, quality, service, productivity, administrative and financial performance. This is accomplished through leading, directing and managing the subordinate department managers and office staff. The Plant Manager is also responsible for employee development, staffing, project management and annual operating budget preparation and recommendations.
The Plant Manager is the main point of contact between the company’s corporate office and the respective manufacturing location. The Plant Manager works closely with corporate accounting, Human Resources and freight operations. The Plant Manager is responsible for developing the culture of the facility and successfully leading the operation by practicing ADS Core Values. This position provides leadership for the facility and sets goals and executes strategies to meet corporate and regional business objectives. The Plant Manager reports directly to the Regional Manufacturing Manager and at the executive level, to the Director of Pipe Manufacturing Operations.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure a safe work environment for all employees and maintain a safe working record. Administer proper safety practices and procedures
- Oversee manufacturing operations. Meet or exceed quality, productivity and maintenance expectations
- Ensure excellent customer service through professional fleet operation, customer relations and proper inventory
- Manage proper staffing levels and facilitate employee training, development and career progression
- Prepare annual operating budgets for plant operations. Meet or exceed budget requirements
- Ensure proper management of all raw materials, finished goods and equipment inventories
- Facilitate various operational programs and ensure plant compliance
- Prepare weekly, monthly and annual financial reports
- Maintain appropriate communications with other ADS manufacturing facilities and offices
- Understand and practice ADS CORE VALUES
- Maintain and build job skills through company and outside training programs
- Promote a positive and transparent work environment
- Ensure proper management of operating supply purchases via the internal purchase order system or company credit card.
This position should possess the following skills/knowledge:
- Excellent leadership skills
- Intermediate computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate at different levels within the organization
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- 4 year Business or Technical degree preferred
- 3-5 years progressive responsibility within the ADS, Inc organization
- Similar job experience
- Employee will be lifting heavy objects and must have the ability to lift 25 pounds
ADS supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience, and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. ADS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.ID:uDnQdo