Manager – Quality
Dynamet Incorporated, based in Washington, Pa., is a leading domestic and international supplier of titanium alloy products. Acquired by Carpenter in 1997, Dynamet supplies titanium bar, wire, fine wire, strip, and precision shapes for the aerospace, medical, consumer, motorsports, and recreation industries. Committed to offering excellence and innovation in the manufacture of titanium and other specialty metal products, Dynamet ensures strict quality controls through its testing and analysis laboratory. Dynamet maintains a second manufacturing facility in western Florida.
TITLE: Quality Manager
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE QUALITY MANAGER
- Under the direction of the Director of Quality, develop and manage quality assurance programs and systems involving methods, devices, and controls.
- Maintains quality through the design and implementation of Dynamet’s Quality Management System along with internal and external audits of raw materials, shipped products, production operations/processes and other quality related functions.
- Responsible for the implementation and compliance of Dynamet’s Quality policy, quality objectives, and procedures defined or referenced within the Quality Management System Manual for all Dynamet Business Units and for the management of the Dynamet Material Testing Laboratories and associated Quality Management Systems.
- Effectively manage, coordinate, and lead all Quality Assurance and Quality Management systems within the Business Units.
- Develop objectives and goals in order to achieve compliance with standards and exceptional quality performance for all products and processes.
- Manage and ensure compliance with the Quality System Accreditations (AS9100, AS13100, AS9120, IATF 16949, ISO 9001, NADCAP, and any future accreditations). Included responsibilities of her/him and team she/he manages:
- Lead or delegate lead for Quality Audits and for Internal Compliance and Layered Audits, manage Customer Quality Surveys, manage Approved Supplier List and Supplier Audits, ensure Customer Issue Resolution is conducted and closed out and oversee Temporary Instruction System Owner.
- Governance of Quality System Components, Calibrations, Gage R&Rs, SOPs, CARs, FMEAs, Corrective Action System Owner, also manages customer CAR’s, and respond to queries raised as part of Specification Review.
- Provide recommendations to the Quality Director for long and short-term improvements of quality policies, methods, and controls in line with the strategic initiatives of the Technology Development function.
- Manage, develop, and lead effective quality assurance staff responsible for implementing strategic goals and objectives of the department for all Business Units.
- Maintain close surveillance over quality assurance, objectives, and procedures. This includes planning, implementing, and maintaining quality management systems, along with controlling and revising, as required, the Quality Management System Manual and procedures.
- Represent Dynamet in resolving matters pertaining to quality with suppliers, customers, and representatives from external regulatory and jurisdictional bodies.
- Ensure that quality related deficiencies are adequately documented, investigated, and corrected, manufactured items are adequately documented and traceable as required and that only acceptable material or services are presented or delivered to customers.
- Facilitate effective communication within and among the various units, functions, operations, sales, technology, and management personnel to ensure efficient and continuous quality compliance-including reporting to Top Management on the performance of the Quality Management System.
- Initiate, recommend, provide, and verify implementation of solutions to quality problems independent from cost and production schedules.
- Coordinate, manage and lead major quality initiatives and projects, including those referenced in the Quality Management System.
- Ensure the effective use of performance management systems and keep abreast of new developments and regulations in the Quality area.
- Ability to communicate quality system requirements to a variety of stakeholders, manage, direct and strengthen the organizational effectiveness of a Quality group, support interaction globally with customers, suppliers and third-party auditors related to quality system and product related issue, improve quality through structured continuous improvement processes and communication, and effectively communicate to raise the awareness level of Carpenter's employees concerning Carpenter customers' and industry quality requirements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to influence leaders and motivate staff and have conflict resolution skills.
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
REQUIRED FOR THE QUALITY MANAGER
- Four-year college degree required in Engineering,
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a Managerial role in quality assurance in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Aerospace Quality Systems (AS9100, NADCAP) required, other accreditations preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of basic quality systems, applications, processes, and requirements.
- Information system and project management experience required.
- Demonstrated results in design, implementation and management of quality assurance policies and processes and quality management systems.
- Ability to effectively lead, development, and motivate high performance quality assurance and compliance team.
- Organize and manage multiple priorities and objectives.
- Effective problem analysis and resolution to desired results.
- Ability to travel as needed.
PRFERRED FOR THE QUALITY MANAER
- Material Science or Metallurgy majors preferred, Advanced degree preferred, MBA or Masters in related discipline a plus.
- Exposure to titanium applications and finance a plus.
- Lean/six sigma qualifications preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, well organized and the ability to prioritize tasks and make appropriate decisions.
- Willing to work in a fast paced, ever changing work environment.
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology Corporation’s policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.ID:uDnQdo