Manager Sr, Railing Systems
The Sr Manager – Railing Systems, under the direction the Sr. Vice President, is expected to deliver technical and financial contributions that will lead to a significant number of commercial successes for the Railing product line and support growing our share and profitability to meet business goals. The individual will lead and manage a Research team, and use our Stage Gate system to successfully lead product development and cost reduction projects from ideation, through development, validation, and to launch. The individual be seen as a key contributor in R&D and within the broader Railing Business Team. The will contribute to defining and lead execution of the technical plans for Railing. The individual will develop solid knowledge of all technology and business drivers for the area, and contribute to developing a plan for long-term sustainable advantage for our products and systems. Provide crucial recommnedtations, creative;/innovative solutions, and technical guidance over complex prdoucts and problems. They will be a key member of multiple project teams . Works on complicated goals that require sustained effort over time towards a defined goal. They will contribute to decisions on R&D portfolio and the impact on the business of the projects. The incumbent will display a commitment to Core Values.
NOTE: This position is may be based in Wilmington, Ohio, Scranton, PA, or Chicago, IL. Relocation assistance will be provided if needed.
- Define and enhance solutions and ideas that are essential to new ideas/practices/products/process to meet technical and business goals.
- Expected to foster basic new innovative design advances, may be able to create complex advances that lead to new intellectual property.
- Required to network internally and externally to azquire information for projects and identify opportunities, with an emphasis on internal networking within the technical functions to improve current products.
- Provides technical direction for one major project while also concentrating on several smaller projects.
- Works with functional resources to achieve goals, ensures project completion occurs on time.
- Supervised the R&D team, provides managerial guidance.
- Masters the Stage-Gate process and learns innovation tools and practices.
- Provides project information to department and business leaders with a focus on complex issues.
- Require to effectively formulate new solutions through communications with business partners; must adapt solutions based upon new information.
- Takes ownership of and plans technical portions of departmental projects.
- Advances the use of DOE, Lean Six Sigma, and process data for problem solving and validating solutions.
- Strong knowledge of our internal workflows and change management systems.
Education: Minimum of 5 years technical experience and an MS or PhD in a physical science. Minimum of 2 years technical management experience. Lean Six Sigma experience desirable.
Other desired skills:
- Knowledge of Stage Gate and Lean Six Sigma tools.
- Strong background in manufacturing systems, data collection and statistical analysis.
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with internal (manufacturing, engineering, quality, product management, finance).
- Strong business acumen.
- Understand manufacturing processes and technology.
Engineering Cost Savings, Analytical Skills, Lean Six Sigma, Manufacturing Systems, Production Processes, Extrusion, Problem Solving, Manufacturing Operations
Candidates should be data driven decision makers. This role will work across AZEK sites as required by the project. It is preferred that the candidate can be in the Greater Cincinnati Area. The candidate will need to become expert in our current manufacturing processes and the competitive landscape for Railing.
Candidate soft skills: Collaboration at all levels of the organization, presentation of technical concepts to technical and non-technical partners, business acumen.ID:uDnQdo