Manual Machinist – RMS Hydraulic Services – Savage, MN.
Road Machinery & Supplies Co. is searching for a Manual Machinist to join its team at RMS Hydraulic Services in Savage, MN. In this role, you will be responsible for working closely with the Shop Supervisor to plan, set up, adjust, and determine operating sequences on work having close and exact tolerances, unusual contours, several dimensional relationships, and finish specifications.
As a member of the team, you will enjoy:
- Work Culture – RMS is family-owned and treats their team members right. RMS values long term relationships with our customers, vendors, and each other.
- Career Opportunities – Experience a career with the support and encouragement to develop yourself and others.
- Competitive Compensation Packages – Based on experience and other factors.
- Full Benefits Package – Including medical, dental, life, 401(k), and vacation.
- Stability and Reputation – RMS has been in business for 96 years and continues to grow.
- Knowledge in selecting tooling attachments, spindle speeds, tool feed rates, work piece securing methods, supports, etc., best suited for nature of operations and size of work piece.
- Calibrate tool heads to orient tools and workpieces to reference point, while also using care to ensure setting assure travel clearances and avoid tool deflection, which could affect dimensions and finishes.
- Adjust machines during operations for feeds, speeds, and depth of cut to obtain required finish and dimensional specifications.
- Use a wide range of precision measuring instruments and devices to set up, operate machine and check work.
- Work to specific job instructions and providing status of where they are within the repair process.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form in the English language.
- Responsible for prepping components and fabricated parts into assemblies. This entails paying extreme attention to detail and producing high quality workmanship.
- Work with management to complete jobs and work orders in a timely manner.
- Three (3) years of experience on manual lathe/mill/radial arm drill press and possess basic machinist tools.
- Familiar with shop tools and equipment such as cranes, forklifts, acetylene torches, and hand tools.
- Welding experience a plus.
- Able to work responsibly, safely, and intelligently.
- Have the desire to take action, improve, and be appreciative.
- Possess the capability to engage with customers, co-workers, and vendors in a respectful manner.
About Road Machinery & Supplies Co.
Road Machinery & Supplies Co. is a distributor of construction and mining equipment with sales and support operations throughout the Upper Midwest. RMS is a multiline dealer, representing the best brands of construction equipment in the industry, including Komatsu, KPI-JCI, Epiroc, Sennebogen, Gomaco, LeeBoy, Roadtec, and Bomag.
At Road Machinery & Supplies Co. we understand our customers depend on our expertise, performance, and commitment to avoid downtime, lost production, and cost over-runs. Our employees are committed to providing the services, technical support, and product solutions that let our customers complete their projects on schedule and within budget, allowing their businesses to thrive. We also invite you to visit our website at www.rmsequipment.com to apply online. Equal Opportunity Employer.