Architectural Design & Signs, Inc.
Under general supervision, an assembler assembles components efficiently, safely and within budget.
· Assemble components with the use of drawings, schematics or written work instructions. Work may include fitting or soldering parts together. Some assemblies require the use of adhesives and epoxies
· Subassemblies or finished products in a manufacturing environment. Perform tests on electrical assemblies during the production process
· Operate various power tools and occasional use of drill press
· Loads and unloads signs
· Completes daily time-ticket
· Clean and maintain work area and equipment to provide a safe and organized work environment
· Work safely to prevent on the job injuries following all safety regulations; including PPE (safety glasses, safety shoes, and on occasion gloves, dusk mask, or job specific safety equipment)
· Interacts with other departments
· Performs other related duties as assigned by management
· Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals in person
· Ability to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple work activities to meet critical deadlines, as well as working independently
· Solid basic math skills
· Strong work ethic with an enthusiastic, positive attitude, and the highest level of integrity
· Good communication skills in order to receive and follow instructions and communicate to others necessary information pertaining to the production of signs
· Maintain regular and timely attendance
· High School Diploma or GED
· 1-2 years assembly experience preferred
Note - Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally performed in a shop environment. While performing the duties of this class, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, talk or hear in person, climb or balance; stoop, push, kneel, or crouch; smell; use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands or arms. The employee is often required to stand. Employees must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; occasionally up to 75 pounds and stand for full 8 + hour shift.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts, is exposed to cold or humid conditions and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to Epoxy, Silicone, Caulk, and Super Glue.
The noise level in the work environment is frequently loud.
We are an E-Verify employer. We conduct background and drug tests upon hire.