Manufacturing Associate I
Middle Atlantic Products, Inc.
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the team at Legrand!
This position is responsible for performing light assembly, machining, or packaging of manufactured products while maintaining the specified the quality, efficiency, and inventory control requirements. Work assignments will be scheduled based on training proficiency.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Perform light assembly and/or basic machining operations according to work assignment description and scheduling.
- Follow the production and quality procedures by following prints and checking materials for defects, maintain production.
- Read and interpret assembly drawings to perform basic assembly and machining operations
- Ability to understand and execute verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed
- Inspect work to validate quality and accuracy
- Transport products as required to the correct location when completed utilize the proper material handling methods.
- Monitor and replenish raw materials as required for the post of operation
- Completed all documentation and electronic data updates as required
- Prepare and package units for shipment as required
- Assist with other duties within the department and/or other workstations/departments when necessary
- Complete clean-up responsibilities and maintain work station according to 5S procedure
- Perform work at or above pre-established performance objectives
- Demonstrate our five core values of Integrity, Customer Responsiveness, Innovation, Passionate Contribution & Empowerment and Continuous Improvement
- Understand workplace hazards and take steps to proactively prevent and report hazards or injuries in the workplace. Cooperate in Safety Programs, initiatives, and investigations
- Perform other duties deemed necessary to support the Company’s business operations
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Possess a basic mechanical, math, and problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to operate, but not limited to the following equipment: Basic machining posts, Saws, Paint Sprayers, and hoists.
- Ability to read and interpret assembly drawings, blueprints, BOM’s and associated procedures
- Ability to use and interpret measurement tools such as tape measures, micrometers, and calipers
- Ability to use basic hand tools (hand drills, screw drivers, hammers etc)
- Possess a mechanical aptitude, basic math and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to frequently changing priorities/tasks
- Ability to identify and communicate basic process improvements
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to follow directions and make decisions on imperfect information
- Proven reliability – attendance and punctuality
- Ability to understand basic lean principles – 5S, Kanban
Minimum Education and Experience Preferred:
- High School diploma or GED
Special Job Requirements:
- Flexibility to work extra hours when needed, including weekends
- Previous manufacturing experience
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand for 8 hours/day while making coordinated movements of the hands and fingers to grasp/pinch, manipulate and assemble objects. This may include frequent use of vibrating/pneumatic tools, overhead and outstretched reaching with arms, bending/twisting/stooping, kneeling/squatting and frequently lifting/carrying up to 70 lbs throughout the day and occasionally push/pull/lift up to 100 lbs as needed. Although on a regular basis lifting requirements may not exceed 40 lbs. Occasionally, depending on the tasks assigned for the day, you may have to sit or stand more or less frequently. Typical assembly work is repetitive in nature.
- Steel-toed shoes are required for working in this position.
- Regular production/warehouse environment (no air conditioning).
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Milestone is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will be considered for this position based upon your experience and education, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry; marital, disabled or veteran status. We are committed to creating and maintaining a workforce environment that is free from any form of discrimination or harassment.
If you'd like to work in a fun, creative, business-casual environment that offers a comprehensive benefit package, we encourage you to apply!
Legrand is an equal employment opportunity employer.