Manufacturing Automation Engineer
Hughes Network Systems, LLC
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit echostar.com. Follow @EchoStar on Twitter.
EchoStar has an exciting opportunity for an Automation Engineer/Operations Engineer in our Hughes Network Services manufacturing division. This position will be located at our manufacturing facility in Gaithersburg, MD.
- Perform automation work for multiple functional projects and/or a large capital projects.
- Designs and manages process equipment/control systems reliability improvements, optimization, and upgrades as well as implementation of new equipment control systems from the concept to commissioning and validation.
- Works with suppliers/vendors to produce proposals, coordinate quotes and reviews for approval.
- Provides hands-on technical support, diagnostics and troubleshooting functions to manufacturing and utility system operations.
- Work with business and production design teams to formulate a manufacturing process for new products
- Work with managers and supervisor to improve process for Surface Mount Technology and Box Build Departments.
- Work with equipment designers and manufacturing to develop a cost-effective process for new products
- Set detailed specifications and implement production plans
- Develops operational and maintenance SOPs for the automation systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or related field
- 5+ years of work experience
- 2+ years of experience within SMT and Box Build departments
- 2+ years overseeing implementation to meet customer requirements
- Experience with SAP preferred
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Previous experience working in an electronical manufacturing facility
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all–from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law.ID:uDnQdo