Manufacturing Engineer CO-OP
Hartzell Fan , Inc.
Position: Manufacturing Engineering Intern Business Unit: Hartzell Air Movement
Location: Piqua, OH Department: Engineering
Reports To: Manufacturing Engineering Manager Date Created: 4/17/2022
Basic Function: To assist a fulltime manufacturing engineer and apply classroom knowledge to a manufacturing environment while gaining practical manufacturing engineering experience.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Apply knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling and materials.
- Develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements, researching, designing, modifying and testing manufacturing methods and equipment.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assure product and process quality by designing test methods, process capabilities, and standards.
- Review production issues and help identify solutions
- Develop, implement and update documentation
- Produce 3D models of tooling and fixtures to support production and new product development needs
- Work with outside vendors, contractors, and internal tool shop to produce tooling and fixtures
- Implement Kaizens to improve plant processes
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Good organizational, analytical, and verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office.
- Willingness to learn and participate in continuous learning opportunities.
- Experience with CAD programs. Solidworks knowledge is a plus