Provides engineering support to sub assembly and module build areas. This manufacturing area supports sub assembly and module builds across several different product lines.
Develops, implements, and maintains methods, operation sequence and processes in the fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies. Leads manufacturing engineering related projects as required.
Interfaces with other engineering functions to coordinate the release of product improvements and/or new products. Launches, releases, approves and implements or issues engineering change requests as required to support design engineering and the production floor with new and existing products.
Estimates manufacturing costs, determines time standards, and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements. Implements changes to improve safety, quality, and reliability. Uses lean principles to eliminate wastes found in the production system.
Determines root cause analysis for issues that arise during assembly and/or test of systems; drives correction actions; provides failure analysis report as required.
Evaluates work methods, procedures and policies. Develops and maintains new business processes; edits as necessary to ensure current practices are documented. Mentors and trains lower level engineers.
May coordinate outsourcing activities with external / internal suppliers.
Performs Process Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis when working with New Product Development.
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
Years of Experience:4 - 7 Years
U.S. Salary Range:$92,000.00 - $126,500.00
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on a number of factors including location and level and will vary depending on confirmed job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.ID:uDnQdo