Church & Dwight Co., Inc.
Green River, WY
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Manufacturing Engineer Trainee
Green River Manufacturing Facility
Under the Technical Manager’s supervision, incumbent will be responsible for providing technical and project support for a manufacturing and packaging facility. Assignments to this role could include technical projects, cost reduction projects, capital projects, safety projects, general engineering projects, or any related project that involves engineering support and aligns with a safe, efficient, and productive work environment at Church and Dwight. Other aspects of the position involve networking and communicating with other site management and teams, high-level skill development training, and direct interaction with the facility and its operators.
- Rotate through the various functions of the site over the course of a 18-24 month period, supporting project work as assigned.
- Work with higher-level managers to develop critical leadership skills for later career growth. Work with mentors in various fields of work, including but not limited to site maintenance, quality production, environmental health and safety, lean practices, and savings.
- Ensure that all tasks/projects are performed according to safety, quality and regulatory procedures.
- Responsible for planning and executing improvement activities for manufacturing and packaging facility.
- Applies engineering fundamentals to assigned tasks including but not limited to reading and updating process flow diagrams, material balances, and basic unit operations.
- Support culture of continuous improvement. Incorporate/use principles and techniques of lean manufacturing, such as 5S, TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) elements, etc. during project completion.
- Attends and actively participates in team, plant and project meetings.
- Provides timely and effective communication of project activities and progress to supervision.
- Manage time and prioritize project loads to complete assigned projects.
- Provides process support and assists in troubleshooting, process issues in operations, maintenance, and packaging as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a similar field.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Work Authorization.
Special Skills / Competencies / Requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Publisher, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems at a high level.
- Good mechanical aptitude and knowledge.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively manage time.
- Ability to work independently and/or with a team to complete projects in a timely manner.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/