The primary role of the position is to develop management control systems to aid in financial planning and cost analysis. Design production planning and control systems to coordinate activities and ensure product quality. Partner with Manufacturing Engineering to develop processes and procedures to improve systems for the physical distribution of goods and services, as well as determining the most efficient plant locations. Develop time standards and prepare efficiency reports. Complete labor analysis on product to develop standard hours.
Essential Functions/Key Accountabilities:
- Follow direction provided by supervisor or designee.
- Maintain a safe working environment by adhering to, and enforcing, all safety procedures and policies inside and outside the facility, including use of personal protective and McLanahan equipment as required.
- Represent McLanahan Corporation in a positive manner both internally and externally while adhering to the organization’s core values.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, management, customers, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Participate in engineering and general design reviews as required.
- Assist quality assurance with implementation of ISO 9001 procedures at all facilities. Participates and facilitates company lean initiatives as required.
- Keep supervisor advised of work status, workload, problems, and progress as related to work assignments.
- Some travel may be required to other McLanahan facilities or to job sites as required to trouble-shoot, inspect, repair, and oversee equipment.
- Drive and complete special projects as assigned.
- Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff requirements, and production standards.
- Coordinate quality control objectives and activities to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability and minimize cost.
- Consult with vendors, staff, and management personnel regarding purchases, procedures, product specifications, manufacturing capabilities, and project status.
- Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency using drafting tools and computer.
- Review production schedules, engineering specifications, orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities.
- Communicate with management and user personnel to develop production design standards.
- Estimate production cost and effect of product design changes for management review, action, and control.
- Formulate sampling procedures and designs and develop forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Record or oversee recording of information to ensure currency of engineering drawing and documentation of production problems.
- Study operations sequence, material flow, functional statements, organization charts, and project information to determine worker functions and responsibilities.
- Develop manufacturing methods, labor utilization standards, and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization.
- Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, and utilities.
- Plan and establish sequence of operation to fabricate and assemble parts or product and to promote efficient utilization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or other equivalent training and experience.
- One-three (1-3) years of experience in a similar position.
- Computer literacy including MS Office applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Inventor, or other 3D solid modeling CAD programs.
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to successfully reach company goals in an environment in which a wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
This position description outlines the major duties performed but is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned/performed as needed and determined by management. This position description is subject to change at any time.
This position is typically located in an office and manufacturing setting and requires sitting and standing for long periods of time. The position requires ambulatory skills sufficient to travel domestically and internationally. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand, and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, visual acuity to use a keyboard, and operate standard office equipment. Requires the ability to express or exchange ideas by means of both oral and written communication. Ability to maneuver (move, life, carry, etc.) up to 50 lbs.