LSI Industries Inc.
Department: Engineering Division: Houston
Position: Manufacturing Engineer Classification: Exempt
Support and assist manufacturing and facility teams with planning, implementation, and follow-through of continuous improvement Kaizens, 5S Projects, and “Just Do Its.”
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Other duties may be assigned.
- Support 5S / standard work / visual management development/modification/adherence, M.D.I., continuous improvement, production/process flow, and problem-solving abnormalities.
- Assist in the collection of data for lean activities and tracking improvements.
- Develop, evaluate, and recommend improvements to existing manufacturing capabilities and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Create and maintain manufacturing procedures.
- Facilitating communication between the shop and engineering department by maintaining ECN requests and tasks, performing part inspections, sharing production on-goings.
- Create and review job routers, bills of material, and drawings.
- Design jigs and fixtures for efficient production of products within various work centers.
- Perform value-engineering changes for product manufacture or purchase.
- Support maintenance efforts to problem solve and prevent machine-related issues.
- Perform capital equipment analysis and Authorization for Expenditure (AFE) justification, based on latest trends in manufacturing technology.
- Provide guidance to Senior Design Engineers, Design Engineers, Senior Designers and Designers for design-to-cost manufacturing considerations.
- UL ETL Standards is a Plus
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's of Science degree (B. S.M.E.) in Mechanical Engineering from four-year college or university; 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to work in a team environment with initiative and minimum level of supervision. Ability to comply with safety policies. Ability to make appropriate business decisions, handle multiple tasks and to prioritize. Ability to perform at a proficient level in Microsoft Office software programs to include Excel, Word, Access and AutoCAD. Proficient in information systems and e-mail systems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, and explosive vapors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.