Manufacturing Engineer (Robotic Weld)
Federal Signal Corp.
- Program Fanuc Robots and troubleshoot welding systems.
- Estimate projects and write proposals for Capital Equipment.
- Work with customer to define project scope and acquire the details needed for the request for quote.
- Serve as a project engineer by implementing meetings, project monitoring, and project reporting and managing all assignments relative to projects.
- Take control of project from conception until it is handed over to production; support and maintain programming from then on.
- Provide proper documentation, training and communication of product/process related information to supervisors and shop personnel.
- Work with Design Engineering to make improvements in the design of the products to reduce cost, improve quality, repeatability and manufacturability.
- Lead process improvement projects.
- Investigate and make recommendations on the procurement of equipment to improve the manufacturing process.
- Process Engineering Change Notices (ECN’s) in a timely manner and communicate those changes to the appropriate shop personnel.
- Process Engineering Change Requests (ECR’s) in a timely manner and investigate what is being asked to be changed to make sure it is best for the company.
- Improve safety in manufacturing by analyzing current and proposed manufacturing processes.
- Flexible to work 1st and 2nd shift for training the off shifts.
- Flexible to answer calls after hours; may need to come in after hours to get equipment running.
- Perform other duties, assignments and special projects that may be required from time to time.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Welding and cycle time experience.
- Experience with AutoCAD is a plus.
- Fanuc robotics programming skills
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles is a plus.
- Fixture Design; PLC Programming; and Electronic background knowledge is a plus
- JD-Edwards experience is a Plus
- Proven project management experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills managing people (indirectly).
- Ability to manage multiple projects with multiple customers
- Good interpersonal skills; Good computer skills, with knowledge of MS Office software
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate Project leadership skills and Capital Projects that have been implemented in the past.
EDUCATION REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering Technology, Industrial Engineering Technology or related field is required.
Benefits of Employment:
In addition to excellent career growth opportunities, Federal Signal Corporation offers a wide array of benefits including: annual bonus potential, insurance (life, medical, dental, vision), paid holidays, paid vacation, 401(k) with matching contributions and tuition reimbursement. We provide our employees with a smoke-free, drug-free workplace.
Federal Signal Corporation (NYSE: FSS) provides products and services to protect people and our plant. Founded in 1901, Federal Signal is a leading global designer and manufacturer of products and total solutions that serve municipal, governmental, industrial and commercial customers. Headquartered in Oak Brook, IL, with manufacturing facilities worldwide, the Company operates two groups: Environmental Solutions and Safety and Security Systems.
For more information on Federal Signal, visit: www.federalsignal.com. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of, and will receive consideration for employment without regard to, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category, characteristic, or trait under applicable law. If you require reasonable accommodation in the application process, call Human Resources at 630-954-2000. All other applications must be submitted online. Vactor Mfg. Inc. is a leading manufacturer of municipal combination catch basin/sewer cleaning vacuum trucks and industrial vacuum loaders that clean up industrial waste or recover and recycle valuable raw materials. Vactor is located in Streator, IL and is a subsidiary of Federal Signal Corporation.ID:uDnQdo