MANUFACTURING ENGINEER SR
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will oversee the design of production machinery and will identify and recommend solutions to production problems related to materials, processes, and tooling.
- Ensures new and existing processes are safe for employees, ergonomically correct, and are in compliance with OSHA requirements
- Continuously strives for product and process improvements that meet or exceed customer requirements. Develops systems and methods for ensuring quality such as: In-process controls, FMEA, SPC, and Process Capability Analysis and DOE
- Ensures new and existing processes make good use of resources and are in compliance with environmental regulations
- Represents manufacturing on product development projects, leads all manufacturing elements in plan development and implementation. Primary NPD duties include: Process definition, process capability analysis, tool and gauge development and acquisition, work instruction development, special process training of shop employees, capital equipment acquisition and implementation, influence design for manufacturing and assembly, cost estimating, workstation design, floor layout planning and development, process routing and engineering labor standards, and standardization of tooling
- Leads, develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods in support of company objectives. Works with production personnel, production supervision, and materials management, to implement lean manufacturing tools and philosophy
- Leads, manages and coordinates capital equipment acquisition and improvement projects
- Analyzes and manages the company’s efforts to maximize facility use by recommending physical plant modifications or additions, floor space design, and machine and equipment placement in support of manufacturing department objectives
- Consults with design engineering staff, purchasing, and suppliers concerning product design, tooling, and the purchase of materials, parts, and/or equipment. Consults with production leadership and shop associates concerning process improvements
- Ability to uncover areas in the manufacturing environment that would lend itself to automate. Skills include designing, building, implementing small automation projects internally. Larger automation projects would often be leveraged with outside vendor, where this role would be leading the project, training, implementation, and being the onsite expert
- Participate in the development of production metrics such as overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) and total effective equipment performance (TEEP)
- Supports lean initiatives to improve efficiency throughout the organization
- BS degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent
- 8+ years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Project management experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, both oral and written
- Ability to lead teams both direct and indirectly
- Ability to understand company vision and apply it at the detail level
Sonny's Enterprises is the world's largest manufacturer of conveyorized car wash equipment, parts, and supplies. We are the industry leader, recognized and awarded by the International Car Wash Association for innovating new technologies to advance the industry with products proudly designed and built in the USA. Our culture thrives on finding new and better ways to accelerate what’s next. We embrace change and the opportunity it produces to maximize the potential of our most valuable resource — our PEOPLE! We invite you to explore our opportunities and grow your career with us.
We offer 100% employer paid medical plan. Other optional benefit programs are available to our employees and their families which include: 401(k) match, additional medical plans, dental, vision, flex spending account, short-term and long-term disability & life insurance coverage.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sonny’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.ID:uDnQdo