Manufacturing Engineer – Transitions (Onsite)
North Berwick, ME
Country:United States of America
Location:PW105: North Berwick Wells Road, Route 9, North Berwick, ME, 03906 USA
Position Role Type:Onsite
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Innovation through diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
- Transition parts and processes from NBAS to supply base in support of plant strategy
- Interpretation of technical data such as Engineering Drawings, Quality Assurance specifications, etc., which will flow down into process work instructions.
- Execute standard work to create and modify work instructions for new processes including definition of tooling and process parameters.
- Review & modify tool designs, track and implement tool changes and corrections.
- Manage communication with suppliers for sourcing projects
- Provide technical data packages and answer process related questions from new sources
- Support technology and process development tasks; including, first piece runs, measurement system analysis and capability assessments
- Drive execution of critical sourcing timelines and actions
- Review current state processes and provide guidance for improvements
- Support development of new manufacturing and quality technologies
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering or other related Bachelors’ degree
- 2+ years of engineering experience
- Available for international travel to support sourcing projects
- Must be a US Citizen due to Government Contracts
- The position requires candidates to demonstrate a high level of proficiency in the application of continuous improvement tools: Process Certification, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, Six Sigma and/or Red-X.
- Experience and knowledge of machining processes, including tool application.
- Individual must be self-motivated, demonstrated team player and flexible in schedule and function.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to the development of our engines.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms