Manufacturing Engineer/CNC Programmer
CST Industries, Inc.
This position will create programs using various software for items needed throughout the facility. Provide support for product engineering group when needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Program punching machines
- Assist with programming machines in the machine shop
- Represent manufacturing/engineering on cross-functional teams.
- Apply OSHA safety standards to shop floor processes.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree or equivalent job experience. Bachelor’s Degree in Drafting, Manufacturing, or Engineering preferred. Experience with AutoCAD preferred.
- 2-5 years Programing experience
- 2-5 years Manufacturing experience
- Ability to read and interpret CST and customer prints and documents.
- Ability to write routine reports in a professional manner.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole, fractional and decimal numbers.
- May need to utilize algebra, trigonometry and calculus as needed.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Handle problems involving variables in a standardized situation.
- Ability to make decisions and know when/where to make concessions.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft products, including but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook and Dynamics 365.
- Knowledge of SigmaNEST CNC Programming System
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
- Walk, must be able to move about inside the manufacturing and office and occasionally on a construction site or outside of the manufacturing facility.
- Use hands/fingers to feel, must be able to operate computers, machinery, dimensional equipment.
- Sit and stand, must be able to work at a stationary desk that may require sitting or standing. Standing on concrete floor and uneven terrain will be required frequently.
- Climb and balance, must climb stairs and ladders.
- Stoop, kneel and crouch or crawl.
- Talk/hear, must be able to communicate with operators and management frequently and exchange accurate information.
- Lift and carry weights of 50lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.