Manufacturing Maintenance Shift Mechanic
Pay rate: $25-$38/hr based on experience.
*PLUS a $5 shift differential for night shift.
Maintain all equipment/machinery and building in good working order and repair as necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be able to work the "Shift Work schedule" which includes every other Sunday.
- Provide and maintain appropriate tools and toolbox to perform all necessary job functions.
- Coordinate all job assignments with Shift Supervisor at start of shift to ensure maximum production uptime and efficiency.
- Assist Shift Supervisor with proper facility evaluation procedures including machinery shutdown.
- Oversee and coordinate PM Operator functions for the respective shift.
- Excellent understanding of pneumatics, electrical controls and hydraulics with ability to diagnose and correct problems.
- Application of strong mechanical and electrical knowledge including such as abilities in reading of schematics, etc.
- Perform assigned Preventive Maintenance/ Safety Programs per defined schedule with accurate and complete documentation.
- Complete all assigned Work Orders in a timely manner.
- Maintain Maintenance Parts Inventory per Infor and Plant Sanitation standards including:
- ensuring tag is pulled and turned in when part is pulled out of inventory
- recording correct parts used on all work orders
- parts are re-stocked in appropriate location per Infor System
- Able to breakdown and setup all Extrusion and Thermoforming product on machinery to standards set including:
- knowledge of quality/operational standards per product
- quality inspections performed
- work area cleaned
- ensuring that tooling is in good working condition prior to setup
- cleaning, maintenance and proper storage of tooling upon breakdown
- Full understanding of extrusion and thermoforming process and machinery to ensure quality production uptime including:
- diagnosing of problem (microphraser control panel, dies, ovens, trim press, etc.)
- repair of problem with little to no supervision to ensure maximum production run time.
- Adjustment to daily schedule (break times, meal periods, etc.) to ensure machinery in back in full production to maximize production uptime.
- Perform all facility shutdown and startup procedures correctly and completely including incinerator, etc.
- Perform necessary repairs to building including but not limited to:
- heating and air systems
- dock doors and plates
- chiller system
- parking lot
- building additions/renovations
- equipment modifications
- new equipment installations
- Follow Hot Work Permit procedures and ensure proper documentation is completed and signed off by Maintenance Manager/Shift Supervisor.
- Operate all PIT equipment per OSHA specifications, including daily inspections, changing of batteries/propane tank, etc.
- Perform all housekeeping functions necessary to business operations (from daily shift requirements to Plant Sanitation audits) in respective work areas at all timesl.
- Perform all "end of shift" job functions including:
- Communicate all equipment and material issues arising from the operation of the shift with on-coming Maintenance personnel and/or Shift Supervisors/Maintenance Manager at each shift change.
- Clean and organize work area
- All maintenance parts and tools are properly stored
- Breakroom is neat and clean
- Unload "incoming" product/material for receipt and placement into facility as business demands.
- Assist in building/machinery preparation of all Plant Sanitation/OSHA audits.
- Work overtime as business demands, including monthly training classes as mandated by OSHA and Plant Sanitations Certifications.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including all safety regulations.
- Perform any and all job assignments/functions (including special projects) as necessary to daily business demands as instructed by Management.