MC Test Service, Inc.
We are hiring now for a Manufacturing Manager in Melbourne, FL - Join the SMTC Team!
Company Overview: At SMTC Corporation, we are driven by a clear purpose: "We believe we enhance people's lives and our world every day." Our vision is to be an inspiring organization that earns the trust and admiration of our customers. As the best-in-class EMS provider, we strive to achieve the highest industry returns, driven by our passionate and dedicated employees.
• Competitive salary package with 401K and company match
• Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays
• Tuition reimbursement for professional development
• Comprehensive Medical HRA Plan
• Short-term/Long-term Disability Insurance, and more.
Position Overview: As our Manufacturing Manager, you will provide visionary guidance and overall direction to our production area. Your expertise will drive compliance with schedules, uphold quality standards, and ensure that our company rules of conduct and safety are unwaveringly maintained.
• Manage team of Technicians and Assemblers by ensuring they have tools, training, and proper support to complete all tasks
• Identify and execute LEAN projects to improve process efficiency and productivity in the manufacturing work cells.
• Ensure adherence to production build schedule in all work areas
• Monitor and review throughput and quality
• Collaborate with Program Managers in meeting customer expectations and resolving any production related issues
• Coordinate the deployment of cross functional resources as needed to resolve complex production or quality problems
• Identify problem area and create solutions
• Develop and update new and existing Standard Operating Procedures in accordance with ISO requirements
• Initiate and monitor cost controls to ensure attainment of margin goals
• Assure that proper staffing levels are in place to meet production requirements
• Ensure that all employees receive training appropriate for their position
• Evaluate and prepare performance evaluations of direct/indirect staff
• Take all actions necessary to create a work environment that is productive and rewarding for staff
• Effectively work to ensure that RMAs are being processed and addressed in a timely and efficient manner
• Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience for the Manufacturing Manager:
• Minimum Associate’s Degree
• Bachelor’s in Science/Engineering preferred
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in manufacturing and/or military environment; leadership role preferred
• IPC certification and fiber optics assemble experience preferred
• Experience with SMT manufacturing, electro-mechanical, Microelectronics, cables
• Material management, handling and tracking skills is necessary; ability to foster and maintain a strong business relationship with management and external contacts; extensive resourcefulness and tactful behavior required; ability to communicate effectively; must demonstrate excellent problem-solving and multi-tasking abilities in a demanding environment; highly organized and self-motivated individual who can work both independently and in a team environment; attention to detail is a must.
Application Process: If you are excited about this opportunity and believe you have the skills and experience required, we encourage you to apply. Please submit your updated resume highlighting your qualifications to the posting. We look forward to receiving your application and welcoming you to the SMTC team!
SMTC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.
If you require assistance completing this application due to a disability, please contact Human Resources to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.