Manufacturing Operator – Packaging – Day Shift Columbus Plant
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Manufacturing Operator - Packaging
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our location in Columbus, OH currently has an opportunity for a Manufacturing Operator - Packaging. This site is Abbott’s oldest nutrition manufacturing plant in the world. Working here, you’ll feel part of a family – a family of 400 that works together to help nourish the world.
Please note: This is a day shift position from 6:00 am to 6:30 pm and allows you to have every other weekend off. Hours and days are below AFTER you are fully trained.
Week 1 Mon - OFF, Tues - OFF, Wed - 12 hours, Thurs - 12 hours, Fri - OFF, Sat - OFF, Sun - OFF
Week 2 Mon - 12 hours, Tues - 12 hours, Wed - OFF, Thurs - OFF, Fri - 12 hours, Sat - 12 hours, Sun - 12 hours
Week 3 Mon - OFF, Tues - OFF, Wed - 12 hours, Thurs - 12 hours, Fri - OFF, Sat - OFF, Sun – OFF
Week 4 Mon - 12 hours, Tues - 12 hours, Wed - OFF, Thurs - OFF, Fri - 12 hours, Sat - 12 hours, Sun - 12 hours
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs, Medical Benefits start day 1
- Vacation – 3 weeks of accrued vacation (1st yr is prorated) + vacation buy program + 3 floating holidays + 10 paid holidays
- Company Paid Pension Plan
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match of 5%
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
WHAT YOU’LL DO as a Manufacturing Operator
- Safely operate the high-speed production equipment that makes our industry-leading nutrition products
- Maintain inventory of packaging materials
- Complete workorder documentation
- Perform quality checks
- Clean equipment and the production environment
- Troubleshoot equipment issues
You’ll be accountable for meeting our compliance standards including FDA, OSHA and Abbott policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU’LL BRING
- High school diploma or GED
- Packaging experience
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
The salary for this role is between:N/A
DIVISION:ANSC Nutrition Supply Chain
LOCATION:United States > Columbus : Columbus Plant
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf ID:uDnQdo