Manufacturing Process Engineer (Bulk Systems) – Remote Opportunity Within the Wilbur-Ellis Geographical Footprint
Wilbur-Ellis Nutrition, LLC
Are you someone with strong experience in Ag retail and have a solid understanding of how bulk fertilizer, chemical, and seed are stored, transported, handled, and applied? Do you have success collaborating cross-functionally and have the ability to build and maintain key relationships with internal stakeholders? If you have a high level of professionalism, and a friendly and outgoing personality, this may be the job for you!
For over a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products, animal feed, and specialty chemicals and ingredients. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Process Engineer is a key influencer focused on driving continuous process improvement in bulk fertilizer, bulk pesticide (storage, blending, containment, etc.), and bulk seed (storage, conveyance systems, etc.). Under the direction of the Senior Project & Facilities Manager, this position will work closely with the Process Engineering Manager, Project Managers, and Operations to assess and develop recommendations for automation and equipment to meet production and regulatory requirements.
The Process Manager will be held accountable to:
- Work collaboratively with Facilities Team and Project Stakeholders to gather and analyze data necessary to develop equipment and automation recommendations to maximize speed and efficiency from customer order initiation to product delivery
- Develop clear recommendations to present to project stakeholders that includes but is not limited to; process flow diagrams, equipment layout drawings, and budgets
- Build and maintain key relationships with internal Project Stakeholders and outside vendors to understand Wilbur-Ellis business goals and keeping up to date on latest technologies in bulk conveyance and blending systems
- Provide direct project oversight, management, and support. This may be a hand-off to a project manager
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Deep understanding of operations, operational efficiency, safety and compliance
- Specific knowledge of the agricultural retail industry, including but not limited to, how bulk fertilizer, chemical, and seed are stored, transported, handled, and applied
- Ability to communicate vision and strategy effectively and clearly to a diverse team
- Strong collaboration, mediation skills, with the ability to influence without direct managerial authority
- Demonstrated ability to understand and facilitate improvements
- Data analytics experience preferred, but not required
- Ability to define process efficiencies and inefficiencies
- Ability to travel; approximately 50%
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Aligns with company core values Integrity, Diversity, Effort, Accountability and Service
- A passion for safety and efficiency, both in action and thought
- Ability to work within and drive collaborative teams
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Skill in managing multiple projects and process initiatives
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Experience with design and/or operations of bulk conveyance and blending systems of dry and liquid products
- BS degree in Agricultural, Mechanical, Chemical or Industrial Engineering preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
- In compliance with all states and cities that require transparency of pay, the base compensation for this position ranges from $85,000 - $95,000 per annual. Note that wages may vary based on location, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for vacation, holidays, health, dental, vision, mental health, retirement plans, and other benefits.
- This position qualifies for a potential bonus
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed, specialty chemicals, and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over 100 years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, and a dedication to quality work, our customers, and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits, and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
Follow our career social media accounts!
Process improvement senior project capital improvements project engineering agriculture autocad industrial mechanical engineer Process improvement senior project capital improvements project engineering agriculture autocad industrial mechanical engineer Process improvement senior project capital improvements project engineering agriculture autocad industrial mechanical engineer Process improvement senior project capital improvements project engineering agriculture autocad industrial mechanical engineerID:uDnQdo