Manufacturing Software & Applications Engineer – Asheville, NC (Onsite)
Country:United States of America
Location:PW715: Asheville Site W Asheville Greenfield Site TBD , Asheville, NC, 28803 USA
Position Role Type:Onsite
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Innovation through diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
We have a rare opportunity seeking a highly motivated Manufacturing Software and Applications Engineer to join our team in Asheville, NC at our newly constructed state-of-the-art facility.
As a successful candidate, you will collaborate directly with business team leads to enhance, maintain, and support existing software applications being leveraged on the shop floor, including MES, ERP, Industry 4.0 apps, and tooling management systems. The candidate is also expected to contribute to the enterprise company strategy and provide feedback on the efficacy of systems and processes along with implementation of new or upgraded systems related to manufacturing within the Asheville facility.
This position will report within the Digital Technology organization. This position will require a highly collaborative, data oriented, technically savvy, and self-motivated professional. The work executed in Asheville will be benchmarked with the opportunity to be distributed to shop floors around the world.
- Establish relationships across functional areas to become the single point of contact for all application related requests and issues on the shop floor
- Collaborate with shop floor team leads, Digital Technology experts and end users to create best in class applications to support business processes
- Contribute to a strategic enterprise roadmap of technology and application solutions to be leveraged by the Asheville site and sites globally
- Enhance existing applications per business requirements in alignment to strategy
- Execute break-fixes to existing applications to achieve excellent customer feedback
- Utilize iterative design processes, prototype testing, user/consumer interviews, and user testing to support product innovation and deployment
- Communicate deliverables, scope, roadmaps, key performance indicators, schedules, and measures of success to all stakeholders
- Manage vendor technical resources to supplement internal capacity when required
- Apply project management principles including financial management, scope and schedule management, risk and opportunity management, critical problem solving, variance and root cause analysis techniques to ensure on time delivery of capabilities that meet customer requirements
- Drive multiple projects, tasks, and resources through effective organization, prioritization, and time management practices to meet operational objectives
- Manage critical upgrade to applications
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of experience in manufacturing and/or digital systems, including 3+ years of experience in digital technology/IT with focus on manufacturing applications; OR an advanced degree with 5+ years of experience in manufacturing and/or digital systems, including 3+ years of experience in digital technology/IT with focus on manufacturing applications; OR High School Diploma (or Equivalent) and 12+ years of experience in manufacturing and/or digital systems, including 3+ years of experience in digital technology/IT with focus on manufacturing applications
- Must be a U.S. Citizen – this position may require access to systems/tools that are restricted to individuals who possess US Citizenship
- Experience with Ignition, Teamcenter, Shop Floor Connect, Tooling Management, SAP and Solumina software and understanding of ERP, MES & PLM concepts preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication to a variety of functional experts, management and senior leadership, exercising an ability to convey complex technical concepts and solutions in a simple way to people without an IT / DT background
- Able to weigh priorities, short-term and long-term objectives and make informed decisions, escalating as necessary to ensure that timelines are met with high quality
- Experience building and managing schedules, efforts, and project budget for initiatives
- ACE / CORE certifications preferred
- Demonstrated experience in full product lifecycle management, from concept, to market identification/validation, product definition, development, market release, and adoption
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee’s personal responsibility.
*This requisition is eligible for an employee referral award. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the referral award.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and TermsID:uDnQdo