Manufacturing Solder Technician
National Oilwell Varco
Cedar Park, TX
The Solder Technician will perform assembly and production tasks as directed by his/her supervisor. He/she will assist in the transition of products from Engineering to Production. He/she will assist in the preparation of circuit boards for production runs, assembly/creation of wiring harnesses, perform re-work on electronic assemblies and light assembly work. He/she may be responsible for light physical lifting or moving of lightweight materials, up to 40 lbs.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to:
- Perform bench-type processes to complete mechanical and electrical assemblies and sub-assemblies, using various soldering tools, hand tools, and electronic & pneumatic tooling.
- Report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Complete tasks as directed by manufacturing schedules with minimum supervision.
- Solder/assemble products according to documented processes.
- Measure parts to specified tolerances.
- Clean, assembles, disassembles, and replaces parts as required. Perform preventative maintenance on machines when needed.
- Use equipment such as: ohm meter, epoxy machine, ovens, test rigs, fixtures and gauges, and soldering equipment.
- Test functional performance of assembly.
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
- High school education and two years of related solder experience in a Production/Assembly department, required.
- Basic Computer skills
- Able to read and write English and follow verbal instructions, required.
- PC-A-610 Class C or J-STD-001 solder experience.
- Following established methods and procedures.
- Use and be familiar with solder, assembly and measuring tools, interpret visual aids, and must be able to perform simple shop math.
- Light physical effort to lift or move lightweight materials.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, bend and reach.