Manufacturing Technical Support, Production Engineering
V2X Aerospace Solutions is seeking a manufacturing staff technician to support manufacturing and repair of pylon and launcher assemblies used on military aircraft. The candidate must be able to develop technical solutions to problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity and guide the successful completion of mechanical subassembly and final build and/or repair. The candidate should also be able to support multiple projects, in a fast-paced team environment. NOTE: This position is on site daily.
Job responsibilities include:
- Provide technical support directly to the production floor to troubleshoot manufacturing problems.
- Provide technical support to suppliers.
- Coordinate with a cross functional team of production support personnel, quality engineers and program managers to solve program problems.
- Create manufacturing procedures for the shop floor and work with floor personnel to continuously improve the procedures.
- Work in the MRP system (SAP) to write and disposition product non conformances, update production orders, remove/scrap components from assemblies and write rework instructions.
- Use Creo 3D CAD software to design and document tooling and/or fixtures for Manufacturing operations.
- Generate Change Notices or Variances to support design changes required to resolve issues encountered during the manufacture or repair of products.
- Integrate new technology into existing manufacturing process to reduce costs.
- Minimum of 7+ years in a direct manufacturing technical support role.
- Some experience with 3D modelling software. Creo preferred.
- Experience in a manufacturing or depot support role.
- Experience writing/editing technical documents.
- Ability to manage multiple, unrelated tasks in an organized manner.
- Experience with common industry and military specifications and standards.
- Basic MS Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong technical leadership capabilities, including the ability to lead the resolution of complex technical challenges.
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (ASME Y14.5 standards).
- Must be a US Citizen with active US Government Secret Security Clearance or ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Experience with MRP software. SAP preferred.
- Design experience with defense-related products.
- Knowledge of configuration management process.
- Experience with Windchill (product data management).
- Experience generating Model Based Work Instructions.
High School Diploma and 7+ years of direct manufacturing support experience.