The role is responsible for executing work activities to build, troubleshoot, qualify and maintain vacuum coating equipment and associated components.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBIITIES:
As a Vacuum Equipment Manufacturing Leader
- Assembly of electro-mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic sub-assemblies and components to achieve the fit, form and function of vacuum equipment;
- Performs inspections on incoming materials to ensure compliance with internal quality standards;
- Executes rework or repair with coordination from engineering and quality management;
- Provides hands-on support during equipment and process qualifications to troubleshoot and correct assembly errors;
- Participates in daily standups, communicating progress made and problem areas where help is needed. Projects estimated timeline to job completion and assists with material kitting prioritization.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area and updates machines, tools and supplies as needed.
As an Equipment Technician
- Applies an extensive hands-on experience and knowledge base to develop alternative solutions to difficult equipment problems;
- Improves manufacturing methods to achieve on-time completion of builds;
- Identifies and escalates nonconforming materials and design documents and supports root cause investigations and communications with the materials, purchasing and engineering team;
- Works with various departments in the solution of difficult and complex equipment problems;
- Provides hand-on support for maintenance of equipment used by customers and on-site;
- Leads in 5S and continuous improvement activities to establish new standards of performance on the assembly floor.
- Perform activities to sustain safety and quality assurance on the entire equipment process;
- Promote a culture of disciplined, customer first equipment support from incoming material to maintenance;
- All other duties as assigned.
- Equipment Build Quality and Delivery, Equipment Defect Monitoring and Control; On-Time In-Full Shipments, Mean Time Between Failures
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Experience working from specifications, drawings, manuals, sketches and/or verbal instructions;
- Ability to troubleshoot and clearly communicate resolution to issues in designs, procedures and documentation;
- Ability to review, edit and write routine procedures working alongside engineering and exhibits a high level of technical professionalism;
- Strong sense of time organization, prioritization and urgency;
- Self-starter; ability to be productive when current build is blocked temporarily;
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and as needed, guide the work of junior technicians;
- Lean certification or experience a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Associates degree in ME, EE, or IE strongly preferred;
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in capital equipment assembly and troubleshooting experience required; and equipment qualification experience preferred;
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and wiring schematics required;
- Experience in coordinating build planning and schedules with materials and manufacturing planning teams preferred;
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Must be capable to lift and move 50 lbs., to stand, kneel, stoop, crouch and walk throughout the day and to operate machinery and power tools.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee(s) within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position.
Pay Range: $30 - $38 per hour
Job Closing Date: March 1, 2024
Company: Vapor TechnologiesFull time
Vapor Technologies (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company’s policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
Vapor Technologies is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.