IPG Photonics is the leading developer and manufacturer of high-performance fiber lasers and amplifiers and is hiring a Manufacturing Technician to join our team!
Assemble, test, and repair precision electromechanical, mechanical, and optical parts, assemblies, and Systems for laser processing workstations using hand tools, power tools, precision instruments, and test equipment. Read blueprints, schematics, and technical orders to determine methods and sequence of assembly operations. Meet production schedule, quality, cost, delivery, and safety objectives for System assembly and integration.
- Assemble, align, test, components into custom designed laser Systems, using hand tools, power tools, fixtures, and templates.
- Verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to blueprint specifications and customer specifications using instruments, such as micrometers, calipers, and height gauges.
- Solder and wire electrical and electronic components in specified location on assembly.
- Repair, rework, and calibrate assemblies to meet operational tolerances.
- Fabricate parts using shop equipment as required.
- Produce/assemble Systems that meet established quality goals.
- Plan and establish assembly sequences to meet production and Project goals. When missing these goals, work with Manufacturing Supervisor and Project Manager to develop and implement corrective action plans.
- Support a safe and clean work environment by adhering to and enforcing ILT safety programs, policies, and regulations.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Advise Purchasing on required materials for Systems and assist in developing and implementing corrective action plans when required.
- Perform continuous improvement activities aimed at improving safety, efficiency, quality, and cost.
- Develop and maintain positive employee relations within the guidelines of company policy.