Maola Local Dairies- Cream Pasteurizer- Strasburg
Marva Maid Dairy
Summary: This employee will operate the cream pasteurizer to pasteurize raw cream, unload cream, and load cream and condense milk onto bulk tankers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operate the cream pasteurizer equipment following all regulatory standards and procedures
- Offload cream from tankers for pasteurizer.
- Clean and sanitize tankers after unloading or prior to loading including all manual cleaned parts.
- All documents are properly and accurately filled out completely. Examples: Chemical strength, tank numbers, tracking of product through plant flow.
- Proper use of yard tractor to hook and unhook tankers for loading or unloading.
- Notifies supervisor of equipment malfunction.
- Cleaning and sanitizing of the in-house tanks and associated equipment.
- Sampling products for lab testing following approved procedures.
- Use SAP computer system to generate Bill of Lading documents for outgoing trucks.
- Inventory all tanks and silos for daily accounting.
- Follow the Good Manufacturing Practices that are required by FDA, USDA, State and company policy.
- It is the responsibility of all employees to follow our safety protocols at all times, including but not limited to, using the appropriate tools for the appropriate tasks, maintaining a safe working environment, educating yourself on rules, hazards, and safe practices in your workplace, communicating unsafe practices or conditions, and assisting others as necessary to ensure safe practices are maintained.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Related experience preferred
- Must be able to obtain Pallet Jack and Fork Lift certification
PHYSICAL DEMANDS Require reaching, handling, and near and far vision. Able to lift medium (50 lbs. max).
Work Schedule Requirements: Must be available all shifts; to include nights, weekend and holidays.
WORK ENVIRONMENT Exposed to a noise level of 70 decibels. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Wet/slippery work conditions.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS Perform other related duties as required by supervision.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.