Maola Local Dairies- Filler Operator- High Point
Marva Maid Dairy
High Point, NC
Filler Operator tends machines that perform one or more packaging functions, such as filling, marking, labeling. Starts machine and observes operation to detect malfunctions. Stops machine and reports malfunction to supervisor. Various machines involved in this operation such as the 30 Valve filler; Quart filler; Nep filler; Bulk filler; 18 Valve plastic filler; and the 1/2 Gallon paper filler.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Tends machine that fill pasteurized products into containers.
- Examines containers from all lines for seals, labels, weights, dates, and valves.
- Seals are to be checked top and bottom for stains and valves are to be checked for excess leakage.
- Review with the lab for approvals of each product change on each machine.
- Observes flow of milk into machine and remove defective containers.
- Notifies foreman of machine malfunction.
- Place containers on machine and adjust machines of various sizes.
- Records information in 15 minutes intervals for weight, date, and label.
- It is the responsibility of all employees to follow our safety protocols at all times, including but not limited to, using the appropriate tools for the appropriate tasks, maintaining a safe working environment, educating yourself on rules, hazards, and safe practices in your workplace, communicating unsafe practices or conditions, and assisting others as necessary to ensure safe practices are maintained.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Related experience preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS Require reaching, handling, and near and far vision. Able to lift medium (50 lbs. max or 25 lbs frequently).
Work Schedule Requirements: Must be available all shifts; to include nights, weekend and holidays.
WORK ENVIRONMENT Exposed to a noise level of 90 decibels. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate/high. Wet/slippery work conditions.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS Perform other related duties as required by supervision.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.