Market Development Lead-Cleveland, OH
Campbell Soup Company
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Market Development Lead (MDL) is responsible for the growth and development of the market through collaboration and engagement with Independent Distributor Partners (IDPs) and retail outlets. The MDL is responsible for establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with IDPs, select retail store management and key retailer decision makers.
• Analyze and share market conditions with IDPs, including identifying opportunitities for growth and conducting optional business meetings to support the growth of the respective businesses.
• Recommend optional resources and technology to help support the IDP’s independent operations.
• Synthesize and interpret data to distill retailer specific requirements, base business performance, and incremental opportunities to educate IDPs on the growth potential of income and equity associated with their routes.
• Inspire IDPs through engagement and build strong relationships with IDPs.
• Act as a key liaison between cross functional partners and IDPs to ensure service levels are met through product availability and retailer strategies.
• Collaborate with IDPs regarding dispute resolution to minimize conflict with retailers.
• Act as a key liaison between cross functional partners such as Customer Teams, Warehouse Operations, and IDPs to close gaps and ensure that service levels are met through product availability and customer strategies.
• Help identify potential new IDPs for open routes and route splits.
• Conduct purposeful route consults as IDPs request.
• Conduct physical inventories periodically.
• Facilitate speed to shelf on new item innovation to meet retailer expectations.
• Respond to retailer concerns regarding SKU and planogram compliance.
• Communicate retailer standards, sales opportunities and expectations on programming execution planned by account.
• Focus on select retailers, identify incremental sales opportunities, and prioritize retailer concerns.
• Communicate, organize and plan targets for distribution, merchandising, and promotional execution to meet the retailer level business plan by category.
• Support the additional market call coverage needed to drive executional clarity on retailer specific promotional events on a local basis. This could include call coverage to store and district level retailer decision makers.
• Communicate key retailer events and associated inventory requirements to the local warehouse logistic teams to ensure seamless service to retailers.
• Forecast & analyze market conditions and develop gap plans across local market to unlock growth in partnership with IDPs.
• Visit key accounts and stores to identify strengths and opportunities while building relationships with key local retailer decision makers.
• Follow up with all service related issues generated by retailers within 24 hours to ensure that the IDP and retailer have finalized a positive resolution.
• Collaborate to secure incremental placements, point of sale and displays throughout the store in alignment with the IDP and local key retail account decision maker.
• Communicate store required resets for the IDP to adjust inventory and placement in store following reset.
• Understand, communicate, and apply the variability and uniqueness for the retailer and shopper as well as growth potential in different market conditions across multiple classes of trade (Convenience, Mass, Grocery and Drug, etc.).
• Build rapport and trust with key store management personnel (multiple levels) during visits and through communication.
Job Complexity / Scope:
• Communicate in an effective, sophisticated, and nuanced manner to a diverse group of internal and external cross functional partners.
• Establish, develop, and maintain business relationships with independent third parties through engagement (IDPs, retailers, etc.).
• Analyze and synthesize data from multiple complex sources in order to assess and effectively communicate business goals, strategies, and objectives.
• Solve complex problems maintaining focus and overcoming obstacles until goals and commitments are met.
• Leverage technology to make informed business decisions.
• Leverage Sales Commercialization Center information to identify and achieve sales financial goals.
• Understand the interdependencies across different business functions and build partnerships in order to reach win/win solutions.
• Excellent presentation skills (oral and written communication skills).
• Demonstrate proficiency in key Microsoft platforms (including Excel) and general aptitude to use technology (e.g., Microsoft Suite of products, and sales-related software).
• Partner with Business Development Manager, Zone Sales Manager, Market Sales Lead, retailers, warehouse teams and IDPs to proactively identify business constraints, opportunities, and needs.
• B.A. required
• 3-5 years of related sales or Consumer Packaged Goods experience
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Ability to influence and persuade
• Strong problem solving skills
• Strong technical and analytical skills
• Advanced Microsoft skills including Excel and PowerPoint
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Travel as needed, both local and overnight
• Must be able to relocate as required
• Must be able to travel within district, to company meetings, company training and other regions as business needs demand.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is required to drive to stores, warehouses and hubs within the market on a consistent basis.
Compensation and Benefits:
The base salary range for this full-time, salaried position is between$61,800.00 - $108,200.00
Individual base pay depends on work location and additional factors such as experience, job-related skills, and relevant education or training. Total pay may include other forms of compensation. In addition, we offer competitive health, dental, 401k and wellness benefits beginning on the first day of employment. Please ask your Talent Acquisition Partner for more information about our total rewards package.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion, or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.ID:uDnQdo