Market Research Analyst
Job Description and QualificationsAt Air Products, our purpose is to bring people together to reimagine what’s possible, collaborate and innovate solutions to the world’s most significant energy and environmental sustainability challenges. Grow with us as we embark on building tomorrow together by being the safest, most diverse, and most profitable industrial gas company in the world.
Reimagine What’s PossibleWe have an opportunity for a Market Research Analyst. This role is a hybrid position with 3 days in the office at our headquarters in Allentown, PA and 2 days from your residence.
Essential Functions in the Role:
- Act as a key contributor to the Americas Strategic Marketing, Training, & Technology team (ASMT) to improve the efficiency of our third-party market intelligence resources.
- Apply subject matter expertise to complete the business’ most challenging and high priority intelligence needs.
- Work closely with the segment and regional marketing managers to increase the impact of our intelligence resources to provide an external perspective on value and growth potential.
- Take-on ad-hoc assignments that arise from emerging business priorities, working with marketing managers to deliver strategic recommendations aimed at generating signings and retaining existing customers.
- Lead current market intelligence platform subscriptions and conduct due diligence on subscription renewals and opportunities to incorporate additional platforms.
- Assume the role of subject matter experts of segment mapping using NAICS and SIC codes for the industrial manufacturing space, including chemicals, refining, iron & steel, glass, cement & lime, electronics, metals processing & fabrication, foods, and medical
- Act as administrative facilitator of our market intelligence subscriptions to the ASMT team (monthly magazine edition distributions, email news alert systems, platform assignment and training, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a business/marketing, engineering, or chemical field.
- 3+ years' demonstrated ability working in the industrial manufacturing sector, or an MBA or related advanced degree.
- Experience navigating market intelligence platforms is preferred: i.e. Industrial Info Resources, S&P Global, Dun & Bradstreet, Factiva.
- Prior experience with analysis and design tools is preferred: i.e. Qlik, Tableau, ArcGIS, Thinkcell.
- Account management skills to maintain ongoing vendor relationships for our market intelligence platforms.
- Analytical skills with a confirmed capability of data management and market intelligence analysis.
- Positive demeanor and creative attitude to solve challenges in new ways.
- Ability to be self-sufficient, determined, and able to work independently with limited initial mentorship.
- Proven ability to multi-task, influence within a team setting, and work under pressure in a changing environment.
- Demonstrated communication, presentation, and training skills.
At Air Products, we work in an environment where we put safety first, diversity is essential, inclusion is our culture, and each person knows they belong and matter. To learn more, visit About Air Products.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plans. You will be eligible for benefits and also be 100% vested in your retirement benefits on your first day of employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.). You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Air Products is committed to working with and providing a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail us at [email protected]. General application status inquiries are not answered by this mailbox rather you’ll receive an e-mail directly from our Career Center and/or the Talent Acquisition Specialist.