WHO WE ARE
AgReliant Genetics is a leader in seed research, production, and quality focused on providing trusted seed solutions that help farmers grow.
Created July 1, 2000 as a joint venture between two of the world’s largest independent seed companies, KWS and Limagrain, AgReliant Genetics is now one of the fastest growing independent seed companies in the industry, the largest North American company focused solely on seed, and operates one of the largest research programs in North America.
At AgReliant Genetics we have a unique multi-brand strategy that gives farmers across the U.S. and in Canada access to our products, regardless of geographical location or operation size. Through our seed brands – AgriGold®, LG Seeds® and PRIDE Seeds® – and our digital ag platform Advantage Acre®, AgReliant Genetics demonstrates commitment to our vision by developing meaningful relationships, delivering valuable seed solutions, and providing an excellent customer experience.
OUR CULTURE & OUR PEOPLE
AgReliant Genetics is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. At every level, our people are an essential part in maintaining our values and furthering our growth. We pursue individuals who demonstrate commitment, excellence, integrity, safety and innovation in their work.
At AgReliant Genetics you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value our employees’ passion and believe in giving people the space to navigate challenges, invent solutions and excel in a rewarding career.
You can learn more about AgReliant Genetics and our brands at agreliantgenetics.com or by following @AgReliant on Facebook and Twitter.
AgReliant Genetics, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value and openly welcome diversity at AgReliant. Diversity and inclusion is a key part of our strategy for long-term success.
Are you looking for an internship that provides real-world, professional work experience and the opportunity to be a valuable contributor? Do you have a passion for marketing and the agriculture industry? If so, look no further than AgReliant Genetics. From the moment you join us as a Marketing Intern, you will begin building your skills. As part of our high-performing team, you'll gain exposure to our business and what it’s like to be part of a marketing department. And even better, you will experience working on impactful projects to drive success of the business.
Here at AgReliant, we will empower you to develop your skills and position you for success in your future career.
What to expect
This 10-12 week internship is focused on content creation, which allows you to participate in multiple projects and work with many functions of the business. Projects may include blog writing, photography, videography, graphic design, social media content development, eNewsletter development and more. You will gain exposure to multiple areas of the business such as marketing, agronomy, sales, operations, and research. This exposure will help you understand the full scope of the seed industry, while also opening your eyes to additional career opportunities. In your 12 weeks you will hone important skills including networking and project management. Throughout your internship you will receive regular feedback, guidance and coaching to help you develop the skills you need to succeed.
What YOU will do:
- You will gain hands-on experience creating content for eNewsletters, web, and social media and participate in cross-functional projects with the digital and brand teams to understand the functions within Marketing. In addition, you will learn to create increased brand awareness by assisting the Marketing team with branding, advertising, trade shows, company events, promotional collateral and more. You will also have an opportunity to shadow District Sales Managers and Agronomists to experience the commercial side of the seed industry. This will deepen your knowledge of business and finance principles!
- You will develop relationships throughout the organization with multiple resource partners and leaders. Building relationships is the core of what we do!
- Engage in a variety of impactful projects. This will test your project management skills
Who YOU are:
- Highly self-motivated: Many projects require self-motivation and self-reflection throughout the process.
- Strong time management skills: Marketing in the seed industry is very fast paced, especially in the summer. You must be comfortable with to working on multiple projects at one time.
- Integrity: Honesty and ethics are vital to this position.
- Dependability: You are reliable, responsible, and can be counted on.
- Excellent communication skills: Writing and communication skills are vital in this role. You must be comfortable working in groups and teams and ability to collaborate with others.
- Strong work ethic: You are willing to work hard and complete all assigned tasks.
- Professional attitude: You are professional and courteous.
- Great leadership qualities: You are willing to take charge and demonstrate your leadership skills, especially during assigned projects.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program in Communications, Marketing, Sales or related field
- Being a rising Junior/Senior is preferred
- Ability to work required hours
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must have a valid driver’s license and meet motor vehicle requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite is preferred but not required
Think you have what it takes to join our team? Apply today!
APPLY ONLINE: www.AgReliantGenetics.com/careers