Ellis & Watts Global Industries
MiTek is a platform innovator and enabler that exists to transform the building industry with better building solutions. In 1955, MiTek transformed residential construction with the invention of the Gang-Nail plate and a digital platform that provided an affordable and scalable way to manufacture wood trusses. Today, MiTek delivers software, services, engineered products, and automated solutions that enable the building industry to improve efficiencies by optimizing the balance between off-site and on-site. With nearly 5,600 team members worldwide, MiTek collaborates across the building industry to enable and accelerate transformational breakthroughs in design and construction to transform the way the industry designs, makes, and builds. As a Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE: BRK-A, NYSE: BRK-B) company since 2001, MiTek has a record of continuous growth and innovation. Learn more at www.mii.com.
SummaryAssures accurate receipt of all incoming material, proper labeling and location storing of items. Deliver both raw materials and purchased items to the production areas as needed. Transport all job materials along with job travelers to correct work centers. Prepare all shipments and documentation for parts orders to customer by performing the following duties:
Job Responsibilities & Requirements
- Pull parts from inventory, issue to work orders, and deliver to correct work center.
- Pull parts for Sales orders and stage for shipping.
- Move Work in Process between work centers upon completion of each operation.
- Maintain clean and organized work area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Attendance at work during the regularly scheduled shift is an essential duty. This includes, but is not limited to the ability to be present at work, arrive on time and be at the work station ready for work at the start of the shift.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
- Experience: One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education an experience.
- Computer Skills: Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office Product
- Certifications & Licenses: Class A; DOT certification for Hazardous Material Handling and shipping (as assigned).
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer; and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ethnicity, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or transgender status), age (40 and over), genetic information (including family medical history), veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
For accommodation to assist with completing this application, please contact Human Resources at +1 314-434-1200.