Material Handler 1 – Vincent warehouse
Vulcan Industries has been providing merchandising display solutions for over 75 years. We take pride in our diverse customer base which includes some of the world’s best known retailers and brand marketers. With domestic and off-shore manufacturing, as well as sales offices in key markets across the country, we offer global solutions in today’s global economy.
A Material Handler will operate power-driven forklift equipped with lifting devices to lift, stack or move products, equipment, or materials in and around warehouse according to work order specifications and knowledge of warehouse and storage layouts. Moves levers and presses pedals to drive truck and control movement of lifting apparatus. Unloads and stacks material by raising and lowering lifting device. Weighs, tags or labels raw materials and finished products prior to shipment or movement into storage. Utilizes measuring devices in locating specified materials. Performs manual stacking and unloading functions from incoming trailers and in production areas. Participates in taking semi-annual physical inventory. Performs daily safety inspection and reports items needing repair to Supervisor. Operates production equipment or packing functions when not performing material handling tasks.
Essential Job Functions
- Safely operating power-driven forklifts
- Performing daily forklift safety inspections
- Performing manual stacking functions
- Measuring/weighing/tagging/labeling product and materials
- Assisting with inventory functions
- Reporting for work regularly and on time
- Using barcode scanners to transfer material and allocate work orders
- At least 6 months of work history driving a forklift and loading trucks.
- Must have basic mathematic skills and be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to read and compare similarities and differences between words and series of numbers.
- Ability to write simple sentences, series of numbers, names and addresses.
- Must speak, read and write fluent English.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to operate or learn to operate various machines, such as: calculator, calipers, measuring tapes, scales, computer.
- Must be able to obtain a Forklift Certification.
- Inside, non-climate-controlled environment, variable workdays and hours. Some overtime will be required.
- Lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Climb and balance.
- Kneeling, crouching, stooping
Performance Standards Required
- Accurate and timely movement of material and finished product to meet plant production, incoming trailers and distribution schedules consistent with company safety and work regulations.
Supervision given by: Production Supervisor
Supervision given to: N/A
Note: Employees may be asked to perform tasks other than those listed on the job description and will be expected to perform any reasonable task assigned by their supervisor.
Vulcan Industries, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local fair employment practices laws. Vulcan strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national, origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits and termination of employment. Vulcan complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADS), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act and all applicable state or local laws.