General Tool Co., Inc.
Title: Material Handler
Reports To: Shift Supervisor
- To ensure the safe and timely movement of material within the plant to ensure the safe storage of raw materials, fixturing, and those items in the manufacturing queue.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Parts are carefully handled and protected properly and safely.
- Work center schedules are frequently reviewed with production control and supervision followed by proactive activities to assist in meeting schedule.
- Wasted effort and material is sought and eliminated.
- Storage areas are well organized and maintained, and items are marked for efficient retrieval.
- Material handling equipment is well maintained and problems proactively reported.
- Additional work is sought in other areas to ensure high levels of productivity.
- Duties are performed in a safe manner to ensure compliance with safety specifications.
- All materials are on the proper size skid for the appropriate part before being moved to a work center.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies and moves material and fixturing for the next operation in the manufacturing schedule.
- Assists the machine operators with loading and unloading machines as required.
- Assists with loading and unloading trucks as required.
- May be required to empty chip bins, operate scrubber and other duties as assigned.
- Keeps material hold area in an organized manner including the fixture hold area.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Valid automotive and forklift license.
- Two years forklift experience.
- Demonstrated ability to read travelers.
- Develops close working relationships with work center operators, department supervisors and manufacturing engineers, quality control and production control personnel.
- Demonstrates a highly cooperative demeanor with other employees and willingly takes the initiative to help others succeed.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
All applicants will be considered for this position based upon experience and knowledge, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital, disabled or veteran status. GTC is committed to creating and maintaining a workforce environment that is free from any form of discrimination or harassment.
Night shift with flexible choices
5:00 pm - 3:30 am
7:00 pm -5:30 am
5:00 pm -5:30 am