Transit Mix Concrete Co.
Holly Hill, SC
ARE YOU READY TO BUILD PROGRESS WITH US?
Driven by our purpose: Building progress for people and the planet. We are transforming to become the leader in innovative and sustainable building solutions. Holcim US offers an unparalleled range of innovative cement, aggregates, asphalt, concrete products and construction services that have been the foundation for infrastructure projects across the globe. To move the industry forward to a greener future we need people who are passionate about sustainability, are driven to shape and influence perception, and keen to build, grow and thrive in our high-performance culture.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Performs various tasks associated with the safe and efficient unloading of hazardous waste & non hazardous solids waste derived fuel accepted at the facility.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Practice and promote safety in such way as including but not limited to; assessing risks before starting tasks, only performing authorized activities, utilizing appropriate PPE.
- Exercise and encourage core values including but not limited to; developing self and coaching others by inspiration and empowerment
- Follows all safety procedures, checks for safety hazards, takes corrective action to eliminate safety hazards. Adheres to facility environmental policies and maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Samples arriving material in trucks and rail cars as well as material in storage tanks.
- Operates pump system to unload HWDF from trucks and rail cars, ensuring all standard procedures are observed during unloading and cleans and maintains the unloading system as necessary.
- Operates equipment for mixing & feeding non hazardous solids material, performs housekeeping and inspections of the non hazardous solids system
- Compiles and routes daily and weekly paperwork.
- Cleans filters and grinder systems.
- Blends HWDF to specification and transfers tenders to one of the burn tanks.
- Performs inspections of the facility.
- Work with contractor personnel.
- Participates in formal and on-the job training programs to acquire/broaden both technical and non-technical job skills; participates in cross training activities.
- Interacts with plant team members and Geocycle personnel on a regular basis to gather or communicate information, solve problems, etc.
- Assists with preventative maintenance and repairs on equipment. Services and lubricates equipment as required.
- Suggests programs that reduce/contain costs and/or increase productivity. Takes independent action to resolve problems when appropriate.
- Participates in team meetings.
- Applies skills and performs work in other positions as assigned.
- Works rotating shift schedule and weekends as assigned.
- Accountable for establishing safe work practices.
- Identify root causes of housekeeping issues and implement solutions to correct.
- Monitor and initiate action to pro-actively address equipment performance and improvements in efficiency.
- Responsible for performing PM’s and maintenance activities on all equipment.
- Management of work order and notifications for site.
- Coordinates the efficient utilization of equipment and personnel to ensure attainment of process team goals.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: High school diploma or GED
Required Work Experience: 2-4 years industrial experience is required
- Process/ Maintenance background desired
- Technical Training preferred
- Welding and mechanical experience a plus
- Knowledge of overall fuels blending operations, or comparable heavy industrial environment, is preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Demonstrate a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to health, safety and environmental policies in all work environments and areas. Promote a culture of safety and exhibit these behaviors.
- Successful candidates must adhere to all safety protocols and proper use of Holcim approved Personal Protection Equipment ("PPE"), including but not limited to respirators. Employees that are required to wear respirators must be clean shaven where the respirator seal meets the face in order to pass the qualitative and quantitative fit tests.