Material Handler I
Harmonic Drive LLC
The Materials Handler is responsible for performing all duties involving shipping, receiving, stockroom, bar stock sawing and inventory control associated with these duties with minimal supervision. Inventory control requires working knowledge of Material Requirements Planning systems (MRP).
• Ship products to customers based on instructions from our ERP (Enterprise Requirement Planning) system.
• Communicate with personnel throughout the organization to resolve various special shipping instructions.
• Package and label assembled product after final inspection per instructions
• Place assembled output and products received from our parent company into correct storage locations.
• Assemble a variety of subassemblies, standard and special products using established procedures.
• Prepare shipments of our parts to outside vendors.
• Request & file vendor PO’s
• Issue and move blanks to manufacturing per job package
• Issue parts to assembly kits. Review kit shortage frequently. Move completed kits to assembly area.
• Place completed manufactured parts and purchased parts into stock locations. Move Inspection items to INSP location and into stock after inspection
• Daily cycle counts and determine best stock locations to optimize space and reduce chance of issue errors.
• Receive material into our ERP system and move items to appropriate storage location or area
• Count and identify incoming material.
• Receive RGA (Returned Goods Authorization) and store as appropriate
• Operate and maintain fork lift truck to include recharging the battery and adding water every Friday afternoon
• Receive bar stock into ERP system, add ID mark and store bar stock
• Saw and heat treat bar stock per shop package instruction
• Ability to multitask in an accurate, timely and organized fashion
• Ability to work with colleagues in a professional and cooperative manner
• Understanding of the importance of customer service
• Good communication skills, both written and oral
• Basic computer skills
• Detail oriented
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers as well as electrical and environmental test equipment located in a dedicated laboratory
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Frequently required to sit, stand, move about the shop floor, talk, hear, bend and reach with hands and arms
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
• Ability to squat, kneel, bend or twist occasionally
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 7:00am to 3:30pm.
Travel not required.
Required Education and Experience
• High School Diploma or GED
• 3+ Years in a shipping/receiving environment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Harmonic Drive LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.